5950 ultra: much ado about nothing

Old January 24th 04, 01:14 AM
n swali

Default 5950 ultra: much ado about nothing

I got ****ed off with that ****ty 5200.bench marks on 3dmark03 were
cak(900),so I bought 5950 ultra.thing is,I got no trouble with my system at
all,marks have gone to 6000.It suddenly dawned on me,without doom 3 and half
life 2,what game can push this card to the max? I went up town and did not
have a clue on what buy.Can any one recommend me some games to try out
please?
thanks

Old January 24th 04, 05:04 AM
Ron

"n swali" wrote in message
I got ****ed off with that ****ty 5200.bench marks on 3dmark03 were
cak(900),so I bought 5950 ultra.thing is,I got no trouble with my system

at
all,marks have gone to 6000.It suddenly dawned on me,without doom 3 and

half
life 2,what game can push this card to the max? I went up town and did

not
have a clue on what buy.Can any one recommend me some games to try out
please?
thanks

look for Ubisoft's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, to give that card a run
for its' money.

Old January 24th 04, 04:54 PM
Dark Avenger

"n swali" wrote in message ...
I got ****ed off with that ****ty 5200.bench marks on 3dmark03 were
cak(900),so I bought 5950 ultra.thing is,I got no trouble with my system at
all,marks have gone to 6000.It suddenly dawned on me,without doom 3 and half
life 2,what game can push this card to the max? I went up town and did not
have a clue on what buy.Can any one recommend me some games to try out
please?
thanks

Eye Candy

Raise your AA and Aniso to the max... and see the beauty!

The card probably still runs pretty fine with everything maxed out!
Old January 24th 04, 05:42 PM
Stephan Laske

n swali schrieb:
I got ****ed off with that ****ty 5200.bench marks on 3dmark03 were
cak(900),so I bought 5950 ultra.thing is,I got no trouble with my system at
all,marks have gone to 6000.It suddenly dawned on me,without doom 3 and half
life 2,what game can push this card to the max? I went up town and did not
have a clue on what buy.Can any one recommend me some games to try out
please?
thanks

I have an FX 5950 Ultra, too! Great card especially when you use linux
OS, too! Try the Far Cry singleplayer demo. That should be enough work
for your card for the beginning :-)

Stephan

Old January 24th 04, 06:12 PM
Albert

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 01:14:12 -0000, "n swali"
wrote:

push this card to the max?

Super high resolutions (if your monitor can take it)

Have a great day,
Albert

Old January 24th 04, 08:37 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

X2 The Threat would look fantastic on it

If your into space games that is.

Old January 24th 04, 10:13 PM
John Lewis

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:42:42 +0100, Stephan Laske
wrote:

n swali schrieb:
I got ****ed off with that ****ty 5200.bench marks on 3dmark03 were
cak(900),so I bought 5950 ultra.thing is,I got no trouble with my system at
all,marks have gone to 6000.It suddenly dawned on me,without doom 3 and half
life 2,what game can push this card to the max? I went up town and did not
have a clue on what buy.Can any one recommend me some games to try out
please?
thanks

I have an FX 5950 Ultra, too! Great card especially when you use linux
OS, too! Try the Far Cry singleplayer demo. That should be enough work
for your card for the beginning :-)

Actually, the Far Cry demo works just fine @ 1280*960 with everything
maxed, including AA on a FX5900 non-Turbo. Nothing to really slow the
card down, since there are no fog/atmospheric-shimmer effects.

Fun demo. Lovely scenery. The AI is limp in places, even in Hard mode.

John Lewis

Stephan