Iam getting 60fps with doom 3 and a Radeon 9600 pro ?

Old August 15th 04, 06:38 PM
OCZ Guy

Default Iam getting 60fps with doom 3 and a Radeon 9600 pro ?

Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
???

Though its not constant , some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
the game is still more than playable.

Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
the Doom 3 menus.

If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
, right ot wrong ?

Thanks for listening.

Bye.

HELLO NURSE.
Old August 15th 04, 10:02 PM
Dreamaker

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:38:37 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
???

Though its not constant , some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
the game is still more than playable.

Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
the Doom 3 menus.

If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
, right ot wrong ?

Thanks for listening.

Bye.

HELLO NURSE.

Is your vcore oc to 1.75 ?

because mine when i do so doom 3 start getting glich and all sort of triangle that make it
impossible to play.

So i let my system to 1.65v and fsb to 180mhz (360mhz)
Seem like everything is relatedto the stability of the cpu on my system.

Old August 15th 04, 10:14 PM
Mike P

The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and I
report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.

Mike

Old August 16th 04, 05:20 AM
OCZ Guy

Mobile 2500, 2,5ghz at a vcore of 1.75

No trouble with anygame i have played with it, just stops responding
or frezzes completely in Doom 3 ?, prob a driver thin, using 4.9 betas

Though it don't do it all the time every now and again.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:14:21 GMT, "Mike P" wrote:

The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and I
report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.

Mike

.. .

Old August 16th 04, 07:02 AM
JD

It's your minimum FPS that really matter, even my Geforce 2 video card can
run up to like 35 FPS but still scores just 12 FPS on the timedemo....so its
probably sometimes running as low as like 4 FPS

Old August 16th 04, 10:46 AM
Nada

"Mike P" wrote:
The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and I
report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.

Mike

Exactly. It's easy to boast over frame-rates in "Far Cry" when
nothing happens except for the whales mating in the sea. I was
cranking "Halo" yesterday with my 9800 Pro and whenever I'd turn on
the light in the darker levels of the game the frame-rate dropped 15
to 30 frames depending on the situation. I saw situations under 20 in
some cases at 1024 x 768 with the light on.

Old August 17th 04, 10:08 PM
Mike P

Yes, I have an xp2500@2310Mhz, 210fsb but it's easier to say xp3200. The
game is more video card limitted than cpu as most are, as long as the cpu is
xp2500 or better there shouldn't be a problem, and faster than an xp3200
will have little benefit.

Mike

"OCZ Guy" wrote in message

Mobile 2500, 2,5ghz at a vcore of 1.75

No trouble with anygame i have played with it, just stops responding
or frezzes completely in Doom 3 ?, prob a driver thin, using 4.9 betas

Though it don't do it all the time every now and again.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:14:21 GMT, "Mike P" wrote:

The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and
report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.

Mike

. ..