lost USB drive

Old April 20th 10, 06:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Seamus J. Wilson

Default lost USB drive

I have a Seagate USB drive that ran with no errors. I tried to clean it up
to make big backup. I deleted the partition and now it does not appear in
My Computer. The hardware manager says it is there and enabled. How do I
get it back to format and use?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Old April 20th 10, 08:21 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I have a Seagate USB drive that ran with no errors. I tried to clean
it up to make big backup. I deleted the partition and now it does
not appear in My Computer. The hardware manager says it is there and
enabled. How do I get it back to format and use?

Most of the recovery systems can recover it.

I prefer Easy Recovery Pro myself, but it isnt cheap if you have to pay for it.

Old April 20th 10, 11:33 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno[_3_]

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I have a Seagate USB drive that ran with no errors. I tried to clean it up
to make big backup. I deleted the partition and now it does not appear in
My Computer. The hardware manager says it is there and enabled. How do I
get it back to format and use?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Create one or several partitions. Then format the partition(s).
Only partitions show up in :My COmputer", drives do not.

You can create partitions in "computer Management" by
right-clicking on free space areas.

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email:
----
Old April 24th 10, 05:36 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I have a Seagate USB drive that ran with no errors. I tried to clean it up
to make big backup. I deleted the partition and now it does not appear in
My Computer. The hardware manager says it is there and enabled. How do I
get it back to format and use?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Not sure what you're asking. Are you asking to recover the old partition
and all of the data on it? Or are you asking how to make a new partition
on the old drive?

Yousuf Khan

Old XPS-R, Lost CD Drive and Tape Drive Ben Myers Dell Computers 2 June 10th 05 04:18 PM
Lost drive 2 - recoverable ? bill Storage (alternative) 2 March 15th 05 06:16 AM
Lost CD Drive Dennis Duke Cdr 0 February 9th 04 06:18 PM
lost drive-help D.M. Robles General 0 January 28th 04 12:48 AM
Lost Drive Robert Brown Homebuilt PC's 1 October 6th 03 09:33 PM