PB Imedia 2956 stops frequently - HELP!!!

Old February 13th 07, 10:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
L1

Default PB Imedia 2956 stops frequently - HELP!!!

For about 3 months my Packard Bell stops frequenly, viz black or blue screen
(no text), inside pc fans are spinning but harddisk has stopped!
Windows Event Manager shows:
System Error - Category 102 - Event ID 1003
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805b5498, parameter3
ec5d2970, parameter4 00000000

First advice from PB: terminate System Restore Points - did not help
Second advice from PB: reinstall XP from Recovery CD - did not help

Anybody familiar with this problem and/or has anybody a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Old February 14th 07, 12:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"L1" wrote in message
. nl...
For about 3 months my Packard Bell stops frequenly, viz black or blue
screen (no text), inside pc fans are spinning but harddisk has stopped!
Windows Event Manager shows:
System Error - Category 102 - Event ID 1003
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805b5498, parameter3
ec5d2970, parameter4 00000000

First advice from PB: terminate System Restore Points - did not help
Second advice from PB: reinstall XP from Recovery CD - did not help

Anybody familiar with this problem and/or has anybody a solution?

Thanks in advance!

When this sort of error occurs it can possibly be a bad hard disk or sectors
on the hard disk. You could try to do a full format and restore and place
the Windows XP back on. If the MBR is corrupt either from a bad boot up or a
virus, yes they do happen. You can again fdisk and format and then place the
OS back on the computer.

Did you happen to try another fresh hard drive to see if the error still
occurs? If it does not then my guess is the hard drive has failed and needs
to be replaced. But try the suggestions I gave above first. It may help.

Secondly, I always buy a second HD and transfer all my contents from the
working hard drive to this other new drive.
In the case of HD failure it has kept me up and running. However this method
simply places the system back to original specs. You will lose any programs
and files etc. that were on the bad HD, but those files were kaput anyway.
So it is not really a big loss.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Old February 20th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 14, 7:40 am, "Elector" wrote:
"L1" wrote in message

. nl...

[...]

Errors can be caused by so many different things
Bad hard drive is one of the main culprits
Have you run a Hard drive test to see if there is a problem
Max blast will work on any HD

Setting back the system restor to a working time will fix the problem
if it is registry correlated

Restore CD/DVD have some pitfalls
Some just overwrite and leave offending folders or files in place
There are many restore systems out there
Unless it formats each partition and restores them it can not be
relied on to fix all
problems

You have tried registry Mechanic

Is this sysyem stock
Nothing added
HW or Software
I mean anything added printer usb wifi adapter

I is usually the known thing that
you have forgotten or left out