PCGIANT and EPCBUYER SCAM!

Old January 2nd 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
spazzlemalone

Default PCGIANT and EPCBUYER SCAM!

Ordered from pcgiant July 06, money taken no item recieved. To this day
no one has ever answered the phone its a joke. Just sent an email via
their contact us page requesting a refund, recieved the following
email:

Your mail to 'Customersupport' with the subject

Enquiry from PC Giant

The reason it is being held:

Post by non-member to a members-only list

notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel

WHAT?!?!

Anyway, August 06 made the same order at epcbuyer, same thing happened,
they took the money but never sent the item. Again the phone line is
NEVER ANSWERED! With this company though every email goes unanswered,
at least pcgiant reply once to every 100 emails you send it seems, even
if they do spout a loada rubbish. Oh and BTW there is the following
notice on the epcbuyers "contact us page":

Our Telephone System is Currently being Upgraded and Our Main Sales
Numbers May be Temporarily Unavailable or Restricted. Please Contact
Our Sales Office by the Ticket Systems and Please Accept Our Apologies
for this Unavoidable System Upgrade.

Another excuse not to listen to our complaints. Actually I found the
old number a bit amusing, It was one of those services with different
options "press 1 for..." but I could never get the phone to ring in any
of the options, it always referred you back to the website!

In conclusion, Ive reported both companies to BBC WATCHDOG and I hope
you will do the same if they have done this to you, multiple complaints
are more likely to be heard. Its been 6 months now, theyre having a
laugh sitting on our money - PLEASE HELP ME TO NAME AND SHAME!

--
spazzlemalone
Old January 2nd 07, 04:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

"spazzlemalone" wrote in
message . ..

[...]

It amazes me
1. why people risk ordering online from such unknowns.
2. why you then waste so much time/cost chasing them. 6 months?!?!. i
would have passed it to my cc company to resolve long ago.

Old January 3rd 07, 02:37 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
spazzlemalone

Well to be honest Mike it amazes me
1. You spend time even bothering to reply when you have nothing even
remotely helpful to say.
2. Just how far your head is clearly up your own ass.

--
spazzlemalone
Old January 3rd 07, 08:50 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Fat Freddy's Cat

"spazzlemalone" wrote in
message . ..

Well to be honest Mike it amazes me
1. You spend time even bothering to reply when you have nothing even
remotely helpful to say.
2. Just how far your head is clearly up your own ass.

--
spazzlemalone

and your reply goes some way to confirm the likely way you conduct yourself
with vendors and hence your problems...

g.

Old January 3rd 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 02:37:31 +0000, spazzlemalone
wrote:

Well to be honest Mike it amazes me
1. You spend time even bothering to reply when you have nothing even
remotely helpful to say.
2. Just how far your head is clearly up your own ass.

Unlike your message, the one that upsets you contains some advice.

Get on to the credit card company. But they do have time limits. Might
be too late.

If you are going to complain about meaningless posts, at least try to
say something useful yourself. I'm sure you would not want to come
across as an oaf with too much personal animosity.

MK

Old January 4th 07, 02:07 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
spazzlemalone

OK weve got off on the wrong foot here. Im an 18 years old girl and was
recently ripped off by a couple of websites, I had absolutely no idea
what to do. I spotted another post on this site complaining about
pcgiant and decided to rally support in getting warnings out there for
others thinking of buying from these "unknowns". Granted my reply to
Mike was inflammatory but his post caught me off guard because it
seemed needlesly condecending. In fairness to me also I deleted the
reply straight away but my sincere apologies to Mike if I caused any
offense.

I admit I have no idea how to get my money back off these companies,
things like this were never taught at school. Who do I contact and
whats the procedure? Yes, I have read MKs post for any reply pointing
out this question has been answered but id like some detailed advice if
possible on what to do in this situation, are there any options if the
time limit has run out with the cc company? How can you check if
websites are trustworthy? If it happens again in the future whats the
best way to go about it?

Could someone please reply with some advice, friendly advice if
possible, my intention was never to post on your site and annoy you I
promise!

Im not an oaf but someone completely new to this situation and ive
found it extremely frustrating, the money I lost has caused some
damage. Please help

--
spazzlemalone
Old January 4th 07, 10:47 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

spazzlemalone wrote:

[...]

If you paid by credit card then your claim can be made from your
credit card company, just phone their help/support line and explain
your position and they should refund the payment and then sort things
out with the seller.

--
Chris Green
Old January 4th 07, 01:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Rob S

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 02:07:29 +0000, spazzlemalone
wrote:

-
-I admit I have no idea how to get my money back off these companies,
-things like this were never taught at school. Who do I contact and
-whats the procedure?

Did you pay be credit card?

What was the value of these orders?

Do you know where your local trading standards and citizen's advice bureaus are?

Why don't schools teach useful life skills?

(don't answer that one)

rgds

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old January 4th 07, 04:22 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

"spazzlemalone" wrote in
message . ..

[...]

Advice above from chris and rob will work for you

Old January 4th 07, 04:48 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Rob S
opened his gob and said:

Why don't schools teach useful life skills?

Because that is what parents and guardians are for.

--
Cheers,

Guy