AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+ only runs at 1.40GHz??

Old January 1st 04, 01:17 AM
BUGS

Default AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+ only runs at 1.40GHz??

I just bought a new computer. I ran Sandra and found out that it is
running slower than I expected. Here are the results. Notice that it
says the prcessor speed is 1.4 Ghz. That should be 2.17 Ghz, correct?

Is the computer set up improperly? Thanks in advance for any help.

SiSoftware Sandra

Test Status
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
SMT Test : No
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : No
Number of Runs : 64000 / 640

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+
Speed : 1.40GHz
Model Number : 2700 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR2030 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte
line size)

Chipset 1
Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

Features
SSE2 Technology : No
SSE3 Technology : No
HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : No

Performance Tips
Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life'
performance.
Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the
same version!
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for
more information about the tip.

Old January 1st 04, 02:03 AM
Erik Alvar

Sounds like you need to make some bios adjustments.

133fsb * 10.5 multiplier = 1.4ghz

Your multiplier is wrong.

Old January 1st 04, 02:35 AM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:17:22 -0600, BUGS wrote:

I just bought a new computer. I ran Sandra and found out that it is
running slower than I expected. Here are the results. Notice that it
says the prcessor speed is 1.4 Ghz. That should be 2.17 Ghz, correct?

Is the computer set up improperly? Thanks in advance for any help.

Appears that it is.

SiSoftware Sandra

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+
Speed : 1.40GHz
Model Number : 2700 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR2030 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte
line size)

If you can believe this, then you have a 2700+ Tbred. It should be set to
a 13 multiplier and a 166MHz FSB. Should boot at `2166MHz. the same as my
2100+ set at 13x166.
[wes@wes2 wes]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 8
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2700+
stepping : 1
cpu MHz : 2166.283
cache size : 256 KB

Old January 1st 04, 02:36 AM

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:03:43 -0800, "Erik Alvar"
wrote:

Sounds like you need to make some bios adjustments.

133fsb * 10.5 multiplier = 1.4ghz

Your multiplier is wrong.

Thanks! You were right. I fixed it and now I get the right result.

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+
Speed : 2.17GHz
Model Number : 2700 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR3142 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte
line size)

Chipset 1
Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 167MHz (334MHz data rate)