usb port not connected?

Old June 28th 03, 02:38 PM
neevok

Default usb port not connected?

if you have more than one usb-connection, try plugging it into another
socket

"Rick London" wrote in message
om...
I recently bought a Lexmark Z45 inkjet which worked
fine. Now my computer does not recognize it.

Everything is plugged in, I reinstalled the software,
etc etc.

When I go to settings/printer/details, it says it(EPUSB1..USB Port
Not Connected).

But the troubleshooting guides say it has to be pointed to a
USB port.

What in the world happened? I'm a disabled online student and
worried to death.

If you have any ideas, am desparate. Please email me at
. Thanks sincerely, Rick

Old June 28th 03, 04:24 PM
Peter R. Fletcher

What OS are you running, and on what system hardware?

Do you have the latest drivers for your Printer & OS (see the mfr's
website)?

Did you _precisely_ follow the manufacturer's instructions for
installing the printer and drivers? Some printers want the drivers
installed before you connect them and/or turn them on - other printers
want you to connect them and turn them on and then put in driver disks
when "new hardware" is found. The installation sequence can also be
different for different OSes and it is important! If you didn't follow
the instructions, uninstall everything and reinstall, following the
instructions this time.

Is this the first time you have tried to use any USB device on this
computer? If so, you (or the person who set up the system) may have
disabled (or not enabled) the USB ports in BIOS setup or unassigned
their IRQ. These settings are usually on a page called PNP/PCI
settings, or Onboard I/O settings, or something similar.

Do you have access to/ can you borrow another USB device (belonging to
a friend, helper, agency, whatever) that is known to work, preferably
under the OS that you are using? If you can install that, and it
works, switch cables with your new printer and make sure that it still
works

Is this decent? 1411 Homebuilt PC's 5 February 25th 05 08:19 PM
GA-8PENXP and Game Port header Tim_S Gigabyte Motherboards 1 January 1st 05 10:03 PM
A7V266-MX mobo refuses to detect hardware lock on printer port [email protected] Asus Motherboards 4 February 14th 04 09:43 AM
Printer port not being detected by mother board [email protected] General 1 February 7th 04 01:31 AM
I think my FX5200 is damaged...........any way to verify? Dunny Rummy Nvidia Videocards 4 October 28th 03 04:50 PM