HOW to setup multiple CAMs for surveillance?

Old April 24th 04, 01:09 PM
ep

Default HOW to setup multiple CAMs for surveillance?

Hei,

As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
(i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)

Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's all
over the house isn't it.

What we would like to have is something like
http://www.icepick.com/

thanks,
eppie

Old April 24th 04, 02:09 PM
Si Ballenger

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:09:15 +0200, "ep"
wrote:

Hei,

As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
(i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)

Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's all
over the house isn't it.

What we would like to have is something like
http://www.icepick.com/

You can use analog cams, a capture card in your computer, and a
video switcher to switch between the different cams. "Network"
cams are also a possibility, but are a little more expensive.
Analog cams can be placed at longer distances from the computer.
Below are some test pages I have with some links to making
simple video switchers and pan/tilt cams. Bottom are some links
to sources of analog types of cams where you can get some idea of
the equipment available.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/486X66.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/multiwc32.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32AV.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32pull.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32A.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webmedia.htm

http://www.supercircuits.com/
http://www.matco.com/
http://www.cctvco.com/enter.html
http://www.polarisusa.com/
http://www.gtsecurity.com/
http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=VID

Old April 24th 04, 08:21 PM
SlAyEr

wrote:

[...]

to make this more interesting.. i can provide wireless cams with recievers
that can plug directly into any composite input....

like you would have on a capture card....

the cameras are around an inch square.......and wireless apart from power
connection

the receivers are cigarrette packet sized (king size)

one reciever can run many cameras....which is how i use them...(4 cameras on
mine) also i get the signal from my neighbours camera and the lady across
the roads camera too..(they are my customers) they can also access mine as
they are transmiting cameras.....and we all have recievers....

distance from camera to furthest receiver is approx 100 metres..hardly any
loss of signal..

would be better line of sight but walls and things lower the transmitting
power...

very good for security as they can be hidden easily

let me know if yr interested

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

Old April 27th 04, 03:38 AM
Eagletron

You can try one of our USB extension kits to extend the distance.

http://www.pantiltcam.com/TCamWeb/usbkits.htm

We also have a wireless version in the works. If you join our mailing
list from the bottom of any page on

http://www.trackercam.com

you will be notified when this is available.

Hope this helps.

Old April 28th 04, 07:59 PM
ep

thanks,

I think it brought me a bit further. :-)

eppie

Old May 1st 04, 07:09 PM
Jim Divoky

You may want to look at Xanboo, http://www.xanboo.com. The proprietary
wireless equipment is very inexpensive but you have to subscribe to their
service at $10US a month. It's primarily sold by installers now but I have
found one who will sell the components. I suspect I may use their system
for my new home.

There are other wireless cameras available from D-Link & Panasonic among
others. Jim

"ep" wrote in message
Hei,

As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
(i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)

Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's

all
over the house isn't it.

What we would like to have is something like
http://www.icepick.com/

thanks,
eppie

OCR scanning multiple page to one Word or PDF document MarkB Scanners 1 July 15th 04 11:23 PM
MMC 9.0 "upgrade" Alan Olson Ati Videocards 18 April 27th 04 10:17 PM
multiple cams viewed by multiple clients question L.Coates Webcams 1 February 9th 04 06:43 AM
Multiple cams oli Webcams 2 January 22nd 04 12:31 PM
Newbie purchasing A7N8X setup Chris R Asus Motherboards 7 November 6th 03 01:21 PM