Question about 'intel inside warnintg' on PC

Old December 6th 05, 02:00 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default Question about 'intel inside warnintg' on PC

High, I am about to buy my first PC, and hope this forum
can help me with some advice.
I was looking in the shops, and some PC cary a warning 'Intel inside'.
I asked the salesman what the warning was about, and he explained that the
'DMA' (I think it was) PC has a fast processor, and those with the warning
have not a processor but an 'Intel' inside, and that the DMA with the real
processor are much faster.
But the one with the warning was a lot cheaper.
I only need the PC to write email, can I still use the cheap box?
Or should I get one with a real processor?
I would really like to hear some more opinions then just from all the shops.
And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?
Please answer quick, I need the PC.
Old December 6th 05, 02:28 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Intel is a company that makes processors.
the Intel Inside sticker means that the machine has an Intel processor
inside (as opposed to another brand).

The cheaper machine will definatly be suitable for use for email.
Old December 6th 05, 04:38 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:00:35 GMT, Sue meht wrote:

High, I am about to buy my first PC, and hope this forum
can help me with some advice.
I was looking in the shops, and some PC cary a warning 'Intel inside'.
I asked the salesman what the warning was about, and he explained that the
'DMA' (I think it was) PC has a fast processor, and those with the warning
have not a processor but an 'Intel' inside, and that the DMA with the real
processor are much faster.
But the one with the warning was a lot cheaper.
I only need the PC to write email, can I still use the cheap box?
Or should I get one with a real processor?
I would really like to hear some more opinions then just from all the shops.
And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?
Please answer quick, I need the PC.

If email is the only thing you aspire to do with it, any el cheapo
box, even a used one with any Pentium or Athlon or even Duron or
Sempron processor (look up your local "for sale", "garage sale" ads or
ebay) will do the trick. Ditto for simple office tasks - Word, Excel,
Web browsing, and some very light gaming (solitaire, minesweeper, and
such). As for "Intel Inside" sticker, you will just pay extra for it
when buying new because Intel is marketing itself as PREMIUM brand.

On a side note: Did Intel marketeers ever think that their Intel
Inside campaign can backfire in such a remarkable way???!!!
P)))))))))))))))))
Maybe this is the reason Intel decided to redesign the stickers?
LOL
;-)))))))))))))))))

Old December 6th 05, 05:29 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Sue meht wrote:
High, I am about to buy my first PC, and hope this forum
can help me with some advice.
I was looking in the shops, and some PC cary a warning 'Intel inside'.
I asked the salesman what the warning was about, and he explained that the
'DMA' (I think it was) PC has a fast processor, and those with the warning
have not a processor but an 'Intel' inside, and that the DMA with the real
processor are much faster.
But the one with the warning was a lot cheaper.
I only need the PC to write email, can I still use the cheap box?
Or should I get one with a real processor?
I would really like to hear some more opinions then just from all the shops.
And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?
Please answer quick, I need the PC.

No you don't really need the PC. I would suggest using the machines at
the public library or a webtv appliance. Either would better suit you

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,
Old December 6th 05, 05:40 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:00:35 GMT, Sue meht wrote:

High, I am about to buy my first PC, and hope this forum
can help me with some advice.
I was looking in the shops, and some PC cary a warning 'Intel inside'.
I asked the salesman what the warning was about, and he explained that the
'DMA' (I think it was) PC has a fast processor, and those with the warning
have not a processor but an 'Intel' inside, and that the DMA with the real
processor are much faster.
But the one with the warning was a lot cheaper.
I only need the PC to write email, can I still use the cheap box?
Or should I get one with a real processor?
I would really like to hear some more opinions then just from all the shops.
And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?
Please answer quick, I need the PC.

*blink* Is this for real? :PpPP

In any case, while in some cases "Intel Inside" can be deemed a
warning label like those "Caution: Hot!" labels, it simply means the
PC has an Intel processor inside.

At this moment, the computer with the AMD processors are usually a
better buy for the money.

--
A Lost Angel, fallen from heaven
Lost in dreams, Lost in aspirations,
Old December 6th 05, 06:13 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Sue meht wrote:

And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?

I take it you aren't a technical person? 8)

Thanks for one of the funnier posts I've read in a while.

Old December 7th 05, 01:18 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:00:35 GMT, Sue meht wrote:

High, I am about to buy my first PC, and hope this forum
can help me with some advice.
I was looking in the shops, and some PC cary a warning 'Intel inside'.
I asked the salesman what the warning was about, and he explained that the
'DMA' (I think it was) PC has a fast processor, and those with the warning
have not a processor but an 'Intel' inside, and that the DMA with the real
processor are much faster.

You mean AMD.

But the one with the warning was a lot cheaper.
I only need the PC to write email, can I still use the cheap box?
Or should I get one with a real processor?
I would really like to hear some more opinions then just from all the shops.
And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?
Please answer quick, I need the PC.

I dunno about this - I'm afraid someone's promised you that you can make
1000s of Euros per month sending SPAM... and that you believed them too.;-)

--
Rgds, George Macdonald
Old December 7th 05, 01:32 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

The little lost angel wrote:
*blink* Is this for real? :PpPP

Let's see here "Sue Meht" is an anagram for "The Muse".

In any case, while in some cases "Intel Inside" can be deemed a
warning label like those "Caution: Hot!" labels, it simply means the
PC has an Intel processor inside.

At this moment, the computer with the AMD processors are usually a
better buy for the money.

Don't you mean the DMA computer?

Yousuf Khan
Old December 7th 05, 02:43 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:13:52 -0600, chrisv wrote:

Sue meht wrote:

And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?

I take it you aren't a technical person? 8)

Thanks for one of the funnier posts I've read in a while.

S(he) could be quite technical but had a bit of free time to troll.
Hooked a half dozen, at least...
Old December 7th 05, 03:10 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Yousuf Khan wrote:
The little lost angel wrote:
*blink* Is this for real? :PpPP

Let's see here "Sue Meht" is an anagram for "The Muse".

Also for "Use Meth" - which probably explains away the OP.