Lost Coast and Geforce 6600GT

Old December 1st 05, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Lost Coast and Geforce 6600GT

I've been trying to find benchmarks of Half life 2: lost coast running on a
Geforce 6600GT with no luck.

Someone care to post a link? There must be one out there somewhere!

Dan

Old December 1st 05, 03:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , Dan
says...
I've been trying to find benchmarks of Half life 2: lost coast running on a
Geforce 6600GT with no luck.

Why the obsession? Is it playable?

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old December 1st 05, 09:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 01:34:21 -0000, Dan wrote:

I've been trying to find benchmarks of Half life 2: lost coast running on a
Geforce 6600GT with no luck.

Someone care to post a link? There must be one out there somewhere!

Dan

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !
Old December 1st 05, 09:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

That is news to me, my 6600GT runs it just fine.
Old December 1st 05, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Andrew" spamtrap@localhost. wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

Not true. You need a pixel shader 3.0 card to see get all the HDR eye candy,
but it will run on a 2.0 card just fine.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/...nchmark/2.html

Old December 1st 05, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Andrew" spamtrap@localhost. wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

Not true. You need a pixel shader 3.0 card to see get all the HDR eye
candy, but it will run on a 2.0 card just fine.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/...nchmark/2.html
These benchmarks do not include Geforce 6600GT. I'm assuming there's no
benchmarks out there.

Dan

Old December 2nd 05, 01:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Andrew wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

That is news to me, my 6600GT runs it just fine.

Same here, no problems but had to install the latest driver for peak performance.
Xpertvision card actually but same chipset and nVidia drivers.

--
Regards Bob