Inspiron 1545 Doesn't Boot

Old January 19th 14, 12:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Default Inspiron 1545 Doesn't Boot

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:20:25 AM UTC-5, pedro wrote:
Guys, a lot of us follow these threads to pick up info and tips.

But, in the nicest possible way, can you consider trimming responses

rather than just adding to a long post (which already is largely full

of white space), requiring readers to scroll all the way to the bottom

to see a shortish response, often a one-liner?

For example:

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:10:22 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa

wrote:

I just put an SSD in my old 1545 (for speed and battery use). It didn't see it in the BIOS even after formatting in a desktop. After searching forums turns-out it is just different enough to not plug into the M/B! Turn the LT right-side up and it plugged-in correctly...go figure!

which took 207 lines, while the followup

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 08:15:01 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa

wrote:

Ben, did you ever run into this (with an SSD)? There are forums that say Dells are finicky about these drives but ppl may just be having problems with them seating properly. $.02

occupied 397 lines and the response:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:08:20 -0800 (PST), Ben Myers

wrote:

Haven't seen it first hand, but in a moment of calm here (if ever there is one), I can plug an SSD into a Dell 1545 and see what happens. The only positive evidence I have is that someone at one of my clients succeeded when he installed an IDE SSD to pep up an older Dell laptop... Ben

resulted in a post of 774 lines.

And some people like to read an entire thread all in a single message. You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself... Ben Myers
Old January 19th 14, 03:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

wrote:

Haven't seen it first hand, but in a moment of calm here (if ever there is one), I can plug an SSD into a Dell 1545 and see what happens. The only positive evidence I have is that someone at one of my clients succeeded when he installed an IDE SSD to pep up an older Dell laptop... Ben

resulted in a post of 774 lines.

And some people like to read an entire thread all in a single message. You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself... Ben Myers

I got caught once! *J*

Dell Inspiron 1545 [email protected] Dell Computers 13 March 9th 13 02:52 PM
Dell Inspiron 1545 KM Dell Computers 1 March 20th 11 05:48 AM
OSX on Inspiron 1545? Steve Austin Dell Computers 1 July 3rd 09 02:29 AM
Inspiron 1545 and OpenGL? Bobby Shafto Dell Computers 0 June 26th 09 09:20 PM
Inspiron 1545 William R. Cousert Dell Computers 4 March 29th 09 04:00 PM