Hey RnR!

Old December 4th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

Default Hey RnR!

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:00:12 -0600, journey wrote:

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:55:34 -0600, RnR wrote:

Don't get me mad. I won't sic a terrorist on you, I'll do worst than
that. I'll cross post into the mac newsgroups (and feed them your
email address). That'll teach you not to cross me grin !

Oh no, ack, I better run, those Mac guys are fanatics...

Thanks for the light-hearted response,

Journey

You're more than welcome Journey and have a good day (what's left of
it) and I'll try to do the same.

Just had a fight with my younger teenage daughter (almost 19 yrs old)
to stop cursing in the house. She started to use the "f" word and I
won't tolerate that in our house. I can tolerate yelling and
disagreeing with me but I draw the line on cursing especially the "f"
word. Teenagers.... . Maybe I should give her email address
out to the mac people . That's probably the worst punishment
imaginable ... perhaps too severe.

ps-- it's hard to be a parent. I was warned years ago that teenagers
are a handful and I got 2 of them (girls) in their late teens now.
Maybe I need more parenting help than pc help... any good newsgroup
for ideas (tho maybe late for me) in a newsgroup??
Old December 4th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

RnR wrote in message ...
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:00:12 -0600, journey wrote:

snip

ps-- it's hard to be a parent. I was warned years ago that teenagers
are a handful and I got 2 of them (girls) in their late teens now.
Maybe I need more parenting help than pc help... any good newsgroup
for ideas (tho maybe late for me) in a newsgroup??

You're a far better man than me. I simply couldn't do that in today's world.
Anyone who may disagree needs to take a visit to the halls of their local
high school.

I realize that I'm so old I probably don't to buy green bananas. It's not
the world I grew up in anymore.

Good luck and thanks for locking the ng door behind you. (g)

Old December 4th 06, 10:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

RnR wrote in message ...
[...]

I could use that advice too. Since my wife passed away three months ago,
I'm now the single parent of two daughters -- 13 and 14

Old December 4th 06, 10:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"journey" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:07:58 GMT, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

Actually, I believe it was me that was passive/aggresive

But I did use a smiley

If you were passive / aggressive I deserved it.

Smiley right back atcha :-)

Nah, none of that was directed at you. I believe you know how to use a
newsreader

Old December 4th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:20:19 -0600, RnR wrote:

ps-- it's hard to be a parent. I was warned years ago that teenagers
are a handful and I got 2 of them (girls) in their late teens now.
Maybe I need more parenting help than pc help... any good newsgroup
for ideas (tho maybe late for me) in a newsgroup??

"It's a teenager's job to make life hard for parents" :-)

"Play is the work of children" (pre-teen)

My father supported 3 kids and my mother. I took it for granted, and
(about 10 years too late to tell him) now I'm grateful for it.

My mother just went into hospice a few days ago, and I wrote up
memories and how she was a "good mother" (she has used that term a few
times, so I know it's important for her). As I read it I am going to
hold her hand and I know it's going to be a cry-fest, at least on her
end (I cry about once a decade). I know, I know, too much information
lol.

As for myself, I am thinking about getting a cat. I've had 3 cats,
and I taught all of them to enthusiastically fetch. With one,
whenever I'd say "hey Mischief! Wanna play !!!" then he'd run over to
where I keep his favorite toy -- a pole with a string and feathers on
the end. One of the cats would drop the ball I use for fetch on my
face at night, and keep batting it against my face until I threw it
about 10 times.

If this were a binary newsgroup I'd post some amazing pictures and
video of my cats.

I would get one now but my housing situation is unknown after August
-- I am moving out of my neighborhood because my car has gotten broken
into twice, and I think there is a lot of drug dealing here now.

My priorities: underground parking (gets cooold in WI), washer and
dryer in the apartment (I would be in heaven), and cat, in that order.

Journey
Old December 4th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Tom Scales wrote:

RnR wrote in message ...
[...]

I knew she was ill, but somehow I never expected..., well, you understand.

Deepest condolences.

Notan
Old December 4th 06, 11:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:37:45 GMT, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

RnR wrote in message ...
[...]

Tom, my condolences tho late. I can't bear to think about it and you
have to live it. I realize tho in time, either myself or my wife will
go first and I hope it's me. My wife is a better person than me,
kinder, more generous and equally smart in different aspects (pc's not
one of them). I guess one reason I married her is to balance myself
out. Hopefully and I don't mean to be telling you what to do, you
will find someone else you can share your life with at the proper
time.

*** My apologies to the group. I know I'm off topic. If it bothers
*** anyone, tell me and I will stop (and if it doesn't I will stop
*** anyway).
Old December 4th 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:40:36 -0600, journey wrote:

[...]

I also went thru the hospice with my mom. I won't reminisce but I can
feel your pain. Hope it all works out as good as can be expected (for
lack of better words and forgive me if they aren't the best of words).
Old December 4th 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Notan" wrote in message
Tom Scales wrote:

I knew she was ill, but somehow I never expected..., well, you understand.

Deepest condolences.

Notan

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Sadly, it was not her illness that took her.
We had taken up riding a tandem bike. She loved being outside, but couldn't
see well enough to ride anymore. We'd ridden over 9000 miles in the last
year.

A careless driver turned right on red and ran us down. We didn't know it,
but it broke a blood vessel deep in her brain -- inoperable. She went to
sleep that night and never woke up.

Drive carefully everyone.

Tom

Old December 5th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
WSZsr

Just how old are you Stew? Do you have my 58 beat?