OHOH, Third Build already frooze and crashed... ! :O

Old August 1st 08, 03:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default OHOH, Third Build already frooze and crashed... ! :O

Ok,

I was playing Call of Duty 4... and then I decided to bring down the noise
of the fans a bit... I make them spin slower... the temperature rises a few
degrees...

And then a few seconds later... bzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzb.. strange sound on
speakers...

And the system freezes.

I also noticed something in the bios menu:

APM Configuration options are missing.

Maybe the power supply went bad... maybe from all the power surges... or
maybe from thunder storm... lots and lots of thunder storms lately...

Could be interference from gsm's... the old pentium III monitor gets some
flickers now and then.... maybe wireless network intereference who knows..

But my safest bet so far is probably power supply bad...

This is more or less the worst thing that could happen.

Whoam... there goes the new system again... it just crashed again...

IRQ problem..

However I did read about windows xp x64 edition having some bug which caused
asus a8n32-sli motherboards to crash. I think it was service pack 3 or 2
related or so. I looked in add/remove software progam but there was no info
about service packs or so...

Oh man... sooooo much work.... and now probably all for nothing ?!?

Gje I'll try knoppix or so from boot cd... to see what happens...

Then me go look for new power supply..

Maybe I still have warranty on it or so...

Gjez.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 1st 08, 04:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch
Chris M. Thomasson

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Ok,

I was playing Call of Duty 4... and then I decided to bring down the noise
of the fans a bit... I make them spin slower... the temperature rises a
few degrees...

And then a few seconds later... bzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzb.. strange sound on
speakers...

And the system freezes.

[...]

Are you sure that the system did not commit suicide? There was a South Park
episode in which Paris Hilton's little dog got a gun and blew its head off.
Did you ever abuse your computer? Did you ever touch it inappropriately?

Old August 1st 08, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:51:32 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

[...]

The problem is that you have lethally bad PC karma. You are the Bane
of Motherboards, the Box Slayer, the AntiBios, the Vaporizer. After
spending all that money, it will surely blow up.

Buy an HP and never open the box.

You have been warned.

John

Old August 1st 08, 04:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Craig Sutton

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Ok,

I was playing Call of Duty 4... and then I decided to bring down the noise
of the fans a bit... I make them spin slower... the temperature rises a
few degrees...

And then a few seconds later... bzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzb.. strange sound on
speakers...

And the system freezes.

No surprise, did you not listen to ANYTHING you were told.

I also noticed something in the bios menu:

APM Configuration options are missing.

Maybe the power supply went bad... maybe from all the power surges... or
maybe from thunder storm... lots and lots of thunder storms lately...

Here you go again, don't forget the Aliens

Could be interference from gsm's... the old pentium III monitor gets some
flickers now and then.... maybe wireless network intereference who knows..

not you that's for sure

But my safest bet so far is probably power supply bad...

Checked the ram yet?

This is more or less the worst thing that could happen.

totally predictable

Whoam... there goes the new system again... it just crashed again...

IRQ problem..

Skybuck problem

However I did read about windows xp x64 edition having some bug which
caused asus a8n32-sli motherboards to crash. I think it was service pack 3
or 2 related or so. I looked in add/remove software progam but there was
no info about service packs or so...

Oh man... sooooo much work.... and now probably all for nothing ?!?

as expected

Old August 1st 08, 05:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

On Aug 1, 7:51 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Ok,

I was playing Call of Duty 4... and then I decided to bring down the noise
of the fans a bit... I make them spin slower... the temperature rises a few
degrees...

Ask your parents to buy you a PlayStation 3 to play games
Old August 1st 08, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Joel Koltner

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
I also noticed something in the bios menu:
APM Configuration options are missing.

APM is pretty much dead (removed from most BIOSes), ACPI replaced it.
(Windows XP had a tiny bit of support for APM left; it's all gone with
Vista... and ACPI was first introduced around the Windows 2000 days...)

Maybe the power supply went bad... maybe from all the power surges... or
maybe from thunder storm... lots and lots of thunder storms lately...

Maybe you should just get a Dell? :-)

---Joel

Old August 1st 08, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Joerg

Joel Koltner wrote:

Maybe you should just get a Dell? :-)

I was just gonna say that :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Old August 1st 08, 08:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Michael A. Terrell

Joel Koltner wrote:

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
I also noticed something in the bios menu:
APM Configuration options are missing.

APM is pretty much dead (removed from most BIOSes), ACPI replaced it.
(Windows XP had a tiny bit of support for APM left; it's all gone with
Vista... and ACPI was first introduced around the Windows 2000 days...)

Maybe the power supply went bad... maybe from all the power surges... or
maybe from thunder storm... lots and lots of thunder storms lately...

Maybe you should just get a Dell? :-)

Or an abacus.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Old August 1st 08, 08:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Even the overclocked pentium III 450 mhz to 600 mhz was crashing.

I clocked it back to 450 mhz...

I live in the Netherlands were temperatures are rising more quickly than
anywhere else in the world and my appartment is not very well isolated...

Currently the temperature inside my living room is 27 degrees celcius.

I kinda enjoy sitting behind my PIII...

Now I am left wondering what to do...

The company which sold the power supply went out of bussiness... and the
power supply was very costly... 127 euro's.

I already spent 400 euro's on repairs and replacements... this is starting
to get out of hand...

I am not even sure if the power supply is bad... might be memory modules...
or maybe even something else like the cpu itself etc.

Now the big disadventage of building a computer yourself is starting to
become apperent:

I do not have the necessary "debugging" equipment to figure out what's
broken this time...

Best I could do is reduce to minimum setup... which isn't that much
different and then start guessing.

Maybe I try minimum setup later with one memory chip... to see if it's maybe
the memory... yeah I think that's a good plan.. and also no more x-fi
soundblaster...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 1st 08, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Don[_11_]

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...

drivel snipped

Ever consider consoles?

--
Don

OHOH, Third Build already frooze and crashed... ! :O Skybuck Flying[_2_] Asus Motherboards 36 August 5th 08 09:11 PM
crashed disk still lives bit boy General 6 December 14th 06 08:39 AM
crashed hard disk DaveW General 1 March 27th 06 02:08 PM
SWsoft Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 Build 508, Acronis OS Selector 8.0 Build 917, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 Build 292, Acronis Power Utilities 2004 Build 502, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS.PROXY v1.10.17.WINALL, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS v5.50.10260 for CITRI vvcd Storage (alternative) 3 December 4th 05 11:46 AM
Crashed harddisk Joe Boon Storage (alternative) 4 October 16th 03 04:07 PM