Brightstor caloggerd process running wild on linux. How do I tame it?

Old July 16th 04, 09:47 AM
Tim

Default Brightstor caloggerd process running wild on linux. How do I tame it?

Hi,

I'm running Brightstor Arcserve Backup 9 on a RedHat ES 3.0. My
average load on this duel processor server is over 1 and the process
causing this is the caloggerd deamon. It's always using 24.9% CPU
when I view it in using top. The next process is recorded is only
0.2% CPU.

Another thing is.... I've tried to stop it and kill it... I just
won't die or it keeps coming back.

Does anyone have any ideas on why or how I can tame this process in to
using sensible amounts of CPU time?

Thanks..

Tim..
Old July 16th 04, 02:00 PM
Joe

Here's all I could find on it:
http://tinyurl.com/6anxp

Old July 27th 04, 12:50 AM
Colonel Panic

Either do some sleuthing to find out why the daemon is flipping out: start
with 'strace' (see man page for usage).
Or, just 'renice' the daemon to a lower prio if nothing else works. Good
luck.

Jonathan G. (aka Colonel Panic)

om...