Canon i860 2 Black ink question

Old January 9th 04, 01:49 PM
DF

Default Canon i860 2 Black ink question

I'm refilling the ink in my i860 and I was wondering what black ink to use
in their 2 black ink system. One tank (3E) is large...I assume this is used
for black text and the smaller black (6E) is the photo black? Where do you
find 2 different black inks? Most suppliers I have seen only have one black
ink not two...will I see good results if I just fill both tanks with the
same ink? Thanks for anyone who can answer this question. Doug

Old January 9th 04, 04:58 PM
Chris Stumpf

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:49:48 GMT, DF wrote:

I'm refilling the ink in my i860 and I was wondering what black ink to use
in their 2 black ink system. One tank (3E) is large...I assume this is used
for black text and the smaller black (6E) is the photo black? Where do you
find 2 different black inks? Most suppliers I have seen only have one black
ink not two...will I see good results if I just fill both tanks with the
same ink? Thanks for anyone who can answer this question. Doug

No, you will get bad results. The large tank (3e) is a pigment based ink for
text printing as you assumed. The smaller tank (6e) is a dye based ink for
photo printing. The other color inks are also dye based. Pigment ink doesn't
mix with dye ink. So you need to find out what type of ink is in the refill
kit, dye or pigment. I'm willing to bet it's pigment. Unless it is called
"photo black", then it is likely dye based. But make sure first or you will
end up wasting ink and paper.

Old January 9th 04, 06:01 PM
Larry Lynch

In article 0kyLb.6080$5V2.10697@attbi_s53,
says...
I'm refilling the ink in my i860 and I was wondering what black ink to use
in their 2 black ink system. One tank (3E) is large...I assume this is used
for black text and the smaller black (6E) is the photo black? Where do you
find 2 different black inks? Most suppliers I have seen only have one black
ink not two...will I see good results if I just fill both tanks with the
same ink? Thanks for anyone who can answer this question. Doug

If you are using generic "one size fits all" ink, you
will SURELY screw up the printer.

Go to
www.inksupply.com and look up your printer. If it
is listed, they will have as many shades as you need...
THATS THE WAY TO RE-INK! Get the right ink, not some
cheapo crud thats claimed to work in any printer,, I
wouldnt even wish that on a LEXMARK.
--
Larry Lynch
Lasting Imagery

Canon I860 problem lordmajax Printers 7 January 10th 04 08:16 PM
Canon i960 vs. Canon i860 Myra Printers 0 October 28th 03 04:48 AM
Question re Canon i450 Walter E. Printers 0 October 12th 03 04:30 AM
Canon S820 bad black print quality Debbie Printers 0 October 2nd 03 05:56 AM
New Canon I860: My experience Bob Gibson Printers 0 September 30th 03 12:18 AM