Opinion please...

Old October 27th 04, 05:47 PM
Gareth Tuckwell

Default Opinion please...

Does anyone think it is worth my while trying to sell any of these old bits
on EBay...

PCI Hauppauge Win/TV card
PCI S3 Trio/Virge 2Mb (Maybe 4Mb) graphics card
ISA Sound Blaster 16 card
ISA Sound Blaster AWE 64 card
ISA Teletext card
486 Motherboard with DX2/50 chip and some (not sure - maybe 4 or 8 MB) RAM.
4x SCSI CD writer with SCSI controller card + cables
External 56k voice/fax speakerphone modem
Trust Spycam - webcam
1.7Gb Fujitsu HD
850MB WD HD
6.4GB Maxtor HD

Do you think they would sell, or would I be wasting my time - too old to be
of any use to anyone!

Old October 27th 04, 07:30 PM
CBFalconer

Gareth Tuckwell wrote:

Does anyone think it is worth my while trying to sell any of these
old bits on EBay...

PCI Hauppauge Win/TV card
PCI S3 Trio/Virge 2Mb (Maybe 4Mb) graphics card
ISA Sound Blaster 16 card
ISA Sound Blaster AWE 64 card
ISA Teletext card
486 Motherboard with DX2/50 chip and some (not sure - maybe 4 or 8 MB) RAM.
4x SCSI CD writer with SCSI controller card + cables
External 56k voice/fax speakerphone modem
Trust Spycam - webcam
1.7Gb Fujitsu HD
850MB WD HD
6.4GB Maxtor HD

Do you think they would sell, or would I be wasting my time -
too old to be of any use to anyone!

I'm still using most of those things, but I wouldn't pick any of
them up for over a buck or so. Some may be needed by some to keep
old machinery rolling, i.e. under 8G HDs that don't hang the bios.
A 486 with ISA cards is very handy for running embedded machinery,
such as programmers, etc.

Better to advertise your location and make them free to a good
home, assuming you want to declutter.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!

Old October 27th 04, 08:51 PM
kony

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:47:14 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
wrote:

Does anyone think it is worth my while trying to sell any of these old bits
on EBay...

PCI Hauppauge Win/TV card
PCI S3 Trio/Virge 2Mb (Maybe 4Mb) graphics card
ISA Sound Blaster 16 card
ISA Sound Blaster AWE 64 card
ISA Teletext card
486 Motherboard with DX2/50 chip and some (not sure - maybe 4 or 8 MB) RAM.
4x SCSI CD writer with SCSI controller card + cables
External 56k voice/fax speakerphone modem
Trust Spycam - webcam
1.7Gb Fujitsu HD
850MB WD HD
6.4GB Maxtor HD

Do you think they would sell, or would I be wasting my time - too old to be
of any use to anyone!

Most of the parts aren't worth shipping cost alone.
You could try selling the whole "box" full, not setting a
minimum price. Someone might pay $20 for the WinTV card
alone, but it's just a guess, find what similar offerings
are selling for.
Old October 27th 04, 11:24 PM
Mac Cool

Gareth Tuckwell:

Does anyone think it is worth my while trying to sell any of these
old bits on EBay...

I probably wouldn't bother with ebay, the fees are too high for piddly
stuff like this. Try to sell it as a lot locally. I would ask for $20 OBO
and take whatever you can get.
--
Mac Cool
Old October 31st 04, 03:53 AM
.

Gareth Tuckwell wrote:

PCI Hauppauge Win/TV card

PCI S3 Trio/Virge 2Mb (Maybe 4Mb) graphics card
ISA Sound Blaster 16 card
ISA Sound Blaster AWE 64 card
ISA Teletext card
486 Motherboard with DX2/50 chip and some (not sure - maybe 4 or 8 MB)
RAM. 4x SCSI CD writer with SCSI controller card + cables

Waste of time for all of the above, except the TV Card (don't know about
that).

External 56k voice/fax speakerphone modem

People still need these. You might get something for it.

Trust Spycam - webcam

Depends on quality of image etc.

1.7Gb Fujitsu HD

Waste of time.

850MB WD HD

Waste of time.

6.4GB Maxtor HD

$5.00 for this.

--
Regards,
..
Old November 4th 04, 01:11 PM
Gareth Tuckwell

"Gareth Tuckwell" wrote in message
Does anyone think it is worth my while trying to sell any of these old
bits on EBay...

PCI Hauppauge Win/TV card
PCI S3 Trio/Virge 2Mb (Maybe 4Mb) graphics card
ISA Sound Blaster 16 card
ISA Sound Blaster AWE 64 card
ISA Teletext card
486 Motherboard with DX2/50 chip and some (not sure - maybe 4 or 8 MB)
RAM.
4x SCSI CD writer with SCSI controller card + cables
External 56k voice/fax speakerphone modem
Trust Spycam - webcam
1.7Gb Fujitsu HD
850MB WD HD
6.4GB Maxtor HD

Do you think they would sell, or would I be wasting my time - too old to
be of any use to anyone!

The general concensus was that it would be a waste of money listing them on
Ebay, but they are having a free listing day, so I have listed these items
if anyone is interested!

I didn't bother with the hard disks as posting them would probably break
them - any advice here? There used to be a way to 'park heads' on a hard
disk, so it could be transported - can this still be done?

Old November 4th 04, 03:33 PM
kony

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:11:04 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
wrote:

I didn't bother with the hard disks as posting them would probably break
them - any advice here? There used to be a way to 'park heads' on a hard
disk, so it could be transported - can this still be done?

Head automatically park on drives that age, they might
survive if packed in a lot of foam, 2+ inches around all
sides and/or bubble wrap. New drives survive shipping so
older should be ok too unless they were half in the grave
already.

Opinion on DELL Inspiron 1150? Mickee General 4 September 11th 04 05:30 AM
Mobo Opinion Matt McKnight General 2 December 18th 03 06:49 AM
PIII 500mz desktop opinion [email protected] General 4 December 9th 03 09:38 AM
emachine....opinion Quirkydude General 1 September 28th 03 05:25 AM
Opinion On These Systems Buck Turgidson General 0 September 21st 03 03:13 PM