Problems installing Linksys WPC54G on Toshiba Satellite 460CDT.

Old January 10th 04, 02:35 PM
Henk R Stap

Default Problems installing Linksys WPC54G on Toshiba Satellite 460CDT.

Recently I bought a wireless card for my (old) laptop,which is a Toshiba
Satellite 460CDT. The wireless card is a Linksys WPC54G. Installing the
SW/drivers from the CD-rom went without any problem. After the card is
installed the PC is restarted and the card is recognised and proper drivers
(Wireless G-adapter) is loaded. Sofar no problem looks like. However after
starting the Linksys utitlity to configure the card the PC hangs and can
only be restarted with thereset button. Initially the PC was running W98 and
W98SE. Recently I installed Windows ME. All have the same behaviour. Also
the bios have been upgraded, also without result. The PCMCIA setting in the
bios have been set to cardbus, otherwise the card is not recognised i.e.
power led no not switched on. I have run out of options. Played a bit with
the interrupt settings of the PCI bus. The result was that the Linksys
utility would start up and it indicates (incorrectly) that the card is
working. However selecting an option makes the PC hang again. Anyone who can
help here??

Thanks,
Henk

Old January 10th 04, 08:58 PM
John Doue

Henk R Stap wrote:

[...]

Have you checked on the Linksys site for the latest configure utility?
My card's (55WPC) utility works fine on 2K but refuses to open the
profiles TAB in XP. Had to do configuration in the registry...

Regards

--
John Doue

Old January 11th 04, 11:52 AM
Henk R Stap

John,

Yes, I have downloaded all the latest drivers and utilities from the Toshiba
and Linksys sites.

Henk

Old January 11th 04, 09:26 PM
John Doue

"John Doue" wrote in message

Henk R Stap wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I tried to install the utility on my laptop in a win98SE partition
and I ran into lots of problems, including bad crashes. I had to restore
the partition from a backup. I did this to check on your problem by
curiosity. (I don't need this since my laptop runs win98se, 2k and xp
and I very seldom use 98 that I keep just for a few programs). I suspect
you will have to consider upgrading to 2K, unless your machine is too
slow or limited to run it.

You can of course try contacting Linksys to confirm my suspicion...

Regards

--
John Doue

Old March 3rd 05, 02:46 PM
Onno

Hallo Henk,

Ik ben benieuwd of je het probleem opgelost hebt gekregen.
Ik heb ook een 460cdt met een zelfde probleem.
Ik gebruik een pcmcia card van e-tech.