Canon Pixma iP6700D @ canon estore

Old October 30th 08, 08:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

Default Canon Pixma iP6700D @ canon estore

Some people have been asking about this model.

http://estore.usa.canon.com/webapp/w...category=12054

As a referb it's presently onsale for $40 plus shipping.

The reason to be interested is not only the relativly low price, but
the fact that canon seems to be abandoning a 6 tank inkjet, and in
fact the Pixma MX970 IIRC doesn't use light cyan / magenta.

I'm pretty pleased with mine, so I'm not going to bother, but the
price is right and it does offer an edge over the 5 tank models.

Old October 31st 08, 02:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

On Oct 30, 10:30 am, Bennett Price ""bjpriceNOSPAM\"@NOSPAMcal
berkeley.edu" wrote:
Too bad it's on back order. It's an inexpensive way to get a set of
ink refills.

Damn, it wasn't on backorder when I linked it.

It's not that inexpensive way to get a refill when you take shipping
into account. I didn't look up the shipping charge but I wouldn't
expect it to be much more than $20. Though $10 each wouldn't be bad
at all with a spare printer to boot. I guess those cli-8 tanks do
cost more than $10 each in stores, like $14 each.

Presuming $14 each for tanks, the $100 mp960 isn't a bad deal, though
shipping would make it more than the cartridges, but not by much.

Old November 1st 08, 03:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 01:33:51 -0700, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

Some people have been asking about this model.

http://estore.usa.canon.com/webapp/w...category=12054

As a referb it's presently onsale for $40 plus shipping.

The reason to be interested is not only the relativly low price, but
the fact that canon seems to be abandoning a 6 tank inkjet, and in
fact the Pixma MX970 IIRC doesn't use light cyan / magenta.

I'm pretty pleased with mine, so I'm not going to bother, but the
price is right and it does offer an edge over the 5 tank models.

According to tests at PC Mag and PC World the 5 tank produces as good if
not better prints most of the time over the 6 tank model at a lower cost.
In certain cases where the nuance of certain shades appear in the photo
the 6 tank model will produce those shades better than the 5 tank model
but that is not the case for 90% of the photos.
Old November 1st 08, 10:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Nov 1, 8:32 am, measekite wrote:

According to tests at PC Mag and PC World the 5 tank produces as good if
not better prints most of the time over the 6 tank model at a lower cost.
In certain cases where the nuance of certain shades appear in the photo
the 6 tank model will produce those shades better than the 5 tank model
but that is not the case for 90% of the photos.

Near as I'm aware, the ip6700 unlike the 5 tank models offers uniform
dot coverage (512x6), as in the black and yellow have small and large
drops. This is something you tend to notice on smellable polymer
paper, which has tested as being far more archival than Canon's
premium papers.

I'll buy the lower cost. That's totally reasonable.

Better in 90% of the photos, i'd need to see a link to back up that
assertion.

Either way, this model is being abandoned, and in fact the newest
'photo' all in one isn't going to use light cyan/magenta, but rather a
light black.

Old November 3rd 08, 07:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

In case anyone else is interested, the MP960 is still $100 + shipping

Shipping to my area is

$10
$20 fedex 2nd day air
$30 next day air

There also is tax.

So $120-$130 isn't a great deal if you just need the cartridges, as
those are $100 for the 7 tanks in a local office store. It's not a
great deal for cartridges and a spare head since the ip7500 wasn't
offered outside of Japan. But it's still a good deal.

canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000 [email protected] Printers 1 July 20th 08 07:11 AM
Epson R380 or Canon ip4300 or ip6700D Plan9 Printers 7 August 22nd 07 08:30 PM
Cannon pixma iP6700D Lee Printers 1 October 10th 06 12:37 PM
Canon eStore problems? Edwin Pawlowski Printers 0 June 4th 06 03:56 PM
Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges? Zan Printers 15 April 13th 05 05:37 AM