Radeon 8500: Can't see BIOS POST msgs with DVI out

Old October 29th 05, 09:04 PM
Markeau

Default Radeon 8500: Can't see BIOS POST msgs with DVI out

Radeon 8500, CAT 5.10, XPpro:

Am successfully running a Dell 2405fpw at 1900x1200 except at boot the
BIOS/POST messages to not display, plus I don't see the XP boot screen
that typically follows the POST ... the first screen I see is the XP
login screen. Is there any way to see the entire set of boot
messages, etc, via DVI on the 8500?

Old October 30th 05, 12:13 AM
T i m

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:04:02 -0500, "Markeau"
wrote:

Radeon 8500, CAT 5.10, XPpro:

Am successfully running a Dell 2405fpw at 1900x1200 except at boot the
BIOS/POST messages to not display, plus I don't see the XP boot screen
that typically follows the POST ... the first screen I see is the XP
login screen. Is there any way to see the entire set of boot
messages, etc, via DVI on the 8500?

Funny, I posted the same question a few questions ago ...

Except mine was on VGA on a 9600 ?

All the best ..

T i m

Old December 25th 05, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

wrote:

Radeon 8500, CAT 5.10, XPpro:

Am successfully running a Dell 2405fpw at 1900x1200 except at boot
the
BIOS/POST messages to not display, plus I don't see the XP boot
screen
that typically follows the POST ... the first screen I see is the
XP
login screen. Is there any way to see the entire set of boot
messages, etc, via DVI on the 8500?

Funny, I posted the same question a few questions ago ...

Except mine was on VGA on a 9600 ?

Someone posted on the dell ng that they could see all bios/post msgs
with a 2405 on a 9800xt ... so I guess we need to upgrade