Canon MP830 memory card STUCK !

Old August 17th 07, 09:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Canon MP830 memory card STUCK !

Hello all you clever people, I hope someone can help me,
I recently purchased a digital camera which my daughter used to take
some
photos and we wanted to view the photos on my PC.
I took the memory card from the camera and inserted it into the
Canon MP830 slot,
and it's now stuck in there. I put it into the smaller slot on the
right-hand side.
We didn't even get to see the pictures.
The camera card is a "memory stick duo PRO", but we didn't put it
into a "special adapter",
which we have now read about in the manual.

Can anyone tell me how to get a card out of the card reader ?
The instruction book doesnt help.
Thankyou.
Ireta

Old August 18th 07, 02:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gel

When you see the price of Canon Cartridges is it any wonder; the
occasional cost of an easily fitted printhead more than compensates.

Re your problem, assume you can't get the end of a pair of pliers on

I'd try warming with a hair dryer on basis will make more malleable
and open up the metal gate card fits into.
Let us know how you get on.

On Aug 18, 1:25 am, measekite wrote:
wrote:
Hello all you clever people,

Most of the posters here are not too clever since they use relabeled ink
and clog their machines all of the time. If you want a clever person
call Canon Tech Support. They are very good and will probably be able
to help you and give you appropriate advice.

I hope someone can help me,
I recently purchased a digital camera which my daughter used to take
some
photos and we wanted to view the photos on my PC.
I took the memory card from the camera and inserted it into the
Canon MP830 slot,
and it's now stuck in there. I put it into the smaller slot on the
right-hand side.
We didn't even get to see the pictures.
The camera card is a "memory stick duo PRO", but we didn't put it
into a "special adapter",
which we have now read about in the manual.

Can anyone tell me how to get a card out of the card reader ?
The instruction book doesnt help.
Thankyou.
Ireta- Hide quoted text -

Old August 18th 07, 05:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

measekite wrote:

Most of the posters here are not too clever since they use relabeled ink
and clog their machines all of the time.

Uhhh...what does a memory stick have to do with ink?
I know, I know...you can't figure that one out can you?
Well, have your mommy change your diaper and give you a bottle.
Frank
Old August 25th 07, 10:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
GeoffC

wrote:
Hello all you clever people, I hope someone can help me,
I recently purchased a digital camera which my daughter used to take
some
photos and we wanted to view the photos on my PC.
I took the memory card from the camera and inserted it into the
Canon MP830 slot,
and it's now stuck in there. I put it into the smaller slot on the
right-hand side.
We didn't even get to see the pictures.
The camera card is a "memory stick duo PRO", but we didn't put it
into a "special adapter",
which we have now read about in the manual.

Can anyone tell me how to get a card out of the card reader ?
The instruction book doesnt help.
Thankyou.
Ireta

Yes, some of the listed cards for Canons turn out to require an adapter.
The moral is, if in doubt, don't force it in, read the small print.
If some of the card is sticking out so that it can be gripped, then you
could try pulling it out.
If it's out of reach, the only sensible answer is to send it to a Canon
repair centre to be sorted out.
I had a couple of jobs like that when I worked at a repair centre. One
has to dismantle the printer carefully, retrieve the card and test that
the connectors in the printer haven't been damaged and that the reader
still works.

http://www.printerhelp.me.uk
Old August 25th 07, 05:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
zakezuke

On Aug 17, 5:25 pm, measekite wrote:
Most of the posters here are not too clever since they use relabeled ink
and clog their machines all of the time. If you want a clever person
call Canon Tech Support. They are very good and will probably be able
to help you and give you appropriate advice.

I think the posters who you speak of have proven them selves over the
years. On a good day you can refill a ip4200 and newer with OEM ink
for $66, $72 if you buy one at a time. $2.50 per ounce is still a
decent price for ink more or less depending.

Present average cost/ml is 43c to 46c for OEM
Present average cost/ml is 8.4c for aftermarket ink.
Hobbicolors is presently 6.7c per ml

I.e. you save $52.98 to $58.98, not taking tax and shipping into
account.
I would save $65.38 to 72.64 per refill buying hobbicolor. taking
local tax (8.8%) and shipping into account.

If you successfully refill two sets of cartridges, You've saved over
$100.

A given user might want to spend extra for OEM, but given Canon is
still at the low end of the scale as far as print life, I can see
where one might not.

Given the Japanese price for the ink is roughly 1/2 what we pay ($9
for the black, $7.50 a tank for each color), they COULD lower the
price to a reasonable level.

New CANON MP830--need help !!! Ron in NY Printers 1 April 6th 07 10:54 PM
Canon MP830 Randy Printers 3 March 12th 07 05:59 PM
Canon Mp830 Memory Card reader transfer VERY VERY slow markm75 Printers 0 March 3rd 07 05:32 AM
Help, Memory card is stuck Linda Printers 2 December 21st 06 05:32 PM
Film Adaptor Unit on Canon MP830? (Scanning slides/film on MP830?) [email protected] Printers 0 May 15th 06 07:27 AM