What inkjet printers have 64 bit drivers?

Old May 27th 05, 09:53 AM
mpx

Default What inkjet printers have 64 bit drivers?

Does anybody know what current inkjet printers have dirvers for 64 bit
Windows (which has been released recently)? I could only find laser printers
with such drivers, but no inkjets.

Old May 27th 05, 03:44 PM
Bob Headrick

"mpx" wrote in message ...
Does anybody know what current inkjet printers have dirvers for 64 bit
Windows (which has been released recently)? I could only find laser printers
with such drivers, but no inkjets.

X64 has built-in drivers for the HP DeskJet 990. This driver can be used with
many of the DeskJet and Officejet products. I checked the DeskJet 6540 and
Officejet 7410 and was pointed at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us
which indicates the 990 drivers will work for these printers. Full support is
planned later this year as indicated on the above link.

Regards,

Old May 28th 05, 02:27 AM
Hecate

On Fri, 27 May 2005 07:44:01 -0700, "Bob Headrick"
wrote:

"mpx" wrote in message ...
Does anybody know what current inkjet printers have dirvers for 64 bit
Windows (which has been released recently)? I could only find laser printers
with such drivers, but no inkjets.

X64 has built-in drivers for the HP DeskJet 990. This driver can be used with
many of the DeskJet and Officejet products. I checked the DeskJet 6540 and
Officejet 7410 and was pointed at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us
which indicates the 990 drivers will work for these printers. Full support is
planned later this year as indicated on the above link.

Well, I've got to say that's a big improvement. It took 9 months
before they produced a driver for my old HP on Win2k and I didn't
change to Win2k until it had been out for 6 months.

--

Hecate - The Real One

Old May 29th 05, 02:00 PM
Arthur Entlich

Drivers are slowly coming on board on almost a daily basis.

Look into the "in box" drivers that came with XP 64 at least as a
temporary solution. Write/email/call the printer manufacturer to put
some pressure on them to get the new drivers out ASAP.

Art