Aopen video cards - customer service

Old September 21st 04, 06:31 PM
Ted Michelini

Default Aopen video cards - customer service

Aopen video cards - customer service

Does anyone have a positive experience with these guys? I just traded
several emails with customer service trying to find a bios for a video card
that was unfortunately "experimented on" by my son. They were very prompt
in their totally unhelpful replys; they denied that they made the card,
said that they don't have BIOS's available even if they had made the card
and that they don't "support" modifying their cards bios if they had made it
and had bios's available, which they didn't, and they don't.

Had they just told me the bios was unavailable, I would merely have been
disappointed. Now I am convinced that Aopen customer service is the worst I
have ever experienced; I'll buy frome anyone else in the future.

ETM

Old September 21st 04, 08:04 PM
CapFusion

"Ted Michelini" wrote in message
Aopen video cards - customer service

Does anyone have a positive experience with these guys? I just traded
several emails with customer service trying to find a bios for a video
card
that was unfortunately "experimented on" by my son. They were very prompt
in their totally unhelpful replys; they denied that they made the card,
said that they don't have BIOS's available even if they had made the card
and that they don't "support" modifying their cards bios if they had made
it
and had bios's available, which they didn't, and they don't.

Had they just told me the bios was unavailable, I would merely have been
disappointed. Now I am convinced that Aopen customer service is the worst
have ever experienced; I'll buy frome anyone else in the future.

ETM

What model of the card do you have? Can you be a bit discriptive of what you
trying to do? Is there a reason for BIOS update / change?
nVidia BIOS normally do not get posted unless there a problem. User might
get a BIOS from manufacturer if there a need and will provide link or
attachment if need. A public BIOS normally be available if that particular
card need BIOS update.

CapFusion,...

Old September 22nd 04, 06:21 PM
GTS

"CapFusion" wrote in message

[...]

The OP is complaining that Aopen won't help after an incorrect BIOS was
flashed - presumably an overclock attempt! What a suprise...just proves the
point that you do such things very much at your own risk. However there are
plenty of BIOS's availble for all cards through a google search or links at
nvnews.net

Old September 22nd 04, 09:09 PM
CapFusion

"GTS" wrote in message

The OP is complaining that Aopen won't help after an incorrect BIOS was
flashed - presumably an overclock attempt! What a suprise...just proves
the
point that you do such things very much at your own risk. However there
are
plenty of BIOS's availble for all cards through a google search or links
at
nvnews.net

I misread his message.
I were him [OP], I would simply down play the card. Meaing, it gone bad or
no longer display. I assumed his card no longer working. Simply ask the Tech
to RMA the card and be done with it, instead of telling detail mishap of the
card and it demy.

CapFusion,...

R520 Video Cards Manuel Ati Videocards 9 January 12th 05 09:13 AM
MSI KT4V (KT400) and ATI Radeon video cards HELL Eugen T Ati Videocards 11 September 29th 04 06:20 AM
Aopen video cards - customer service Ted Michelini General 2 September 21st 04 10:11 PM
Video cards with matrox-style video out? Paul Hutchings General 3 February 18th 04 07:29 PM
Two Video Cards In One PC Afterburner Matrox Videocards 5 January 26th 04 12:24 PM