CRT Monitor Problem

Old December 23rd 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

Default CRT Monitor Problem

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 04:59:11 -0800 (PST), Ollie
wrote:

Hi Guys, nope no fluorescent light and it looks like I'll have to try
and swap over my card to see what happens as a couple of you
suggested, at least it will rule that out, sods law though I gave away
an old graphics card only two weeks ago! Argh, typical sod or Murphy
spitting in my eye again. I'll nick one out of another desktop and see
what occurs, if it is that it wont be too expensive as I only use the
desktop in question as a kinda of server anyway and it doesn't really
need a high quality card for it, might be able to grab something good
on eBay for 10 or 20 quid. If its not the card I'll go back to your
suggestion kony of the power supply, not sure how much they cost but
shouldnt be too much hopefully, what am I bet though I'll end up
replacing everything but the faulty part!

Try plugging in or unplugging some parts to vary the load on
the power supply (like a hard drive, if possible to do so
and still boot windows... if you have another drive to add
or one you'd unplug isn't the only HDD in the system), then
with the different load, see if the size or frequency of the
disturbance on-screen changes. However, if the card is
going bad, in theory a change in PSU load could still effect
it, instead of guaranteeing the PSU was to blame.
Old December 23rd 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:31:20 -0800 (PST), Ollie
wrote:

Unless it is actually the driver which I thought id eliminated but
perhaps not again, right ill sort that out next...

It is not likely to be the driver.
Old December 29th 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ollie[_2_]

Hi guys Im still waiting for my new card to be delivered, the old card
is totally busted now as the screen is just a mess, I'll try out the
different load idea when the new card arrive, fingers crossed Ill get
to the bottom of it.
Have a good new year and thanks for all your help its been much
appreciated!
Ollie
Old January 4th 08, 02:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ollie[_2_]

Hi Guys just to let you know the new card seems to have sorted out all
my woes, Thanks again!
Ollie
Old January 7th 08, 08:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Plato

Ollie wrote:

Hello I hope someone can help me I have a problem with a CRT monitor,
19" SyncMaster 957DF. The problem is that over the last couple of
weeks I have noticed the screen is beginning to fray/wobble/go wavy at
the edges, the whole screen is actually a little wobbly and if you are

The monitor is going bad.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

monitor problem bugsbunnny General 5 August 23rd 07 05:59 PM
Problem with new LCD monitor? Video card? Or no problem at all? Larc Homebuilt PC's 5 January 4th 07 01:28 PM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
OT Annoying monitor refresh/lost default monitor problem Bill L Ati Videocards 0 February 19th 04 07:52 PM
monitor problem ... DH General 4 October 15th 03 06:31 AM