Cordless Key Board

Old December 26th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

Default Cordless Key Board

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:07:18 -0600, Joel
wrote:

- I don't have any other OS but WinXP and Vista at my end, but if you run
something like Win98 or similar then you may need to install DRIVER. I
don't think CMOS has anything to do with this as it supposes to be detected
as USB device

I don't recall ever having to install a driver for USB
keyboard or mouse on Win98, though it might have been 98SE,
and it was definitely not any current generations of
keyboard/mouse sets back then.
Old December 26th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

ram wrote:
My Key board is Logitech Cordless Model No . Y-RJ20
OS WINXP Pro
I can now get in BIOS setup but cannot select booting options like SAFE
Boot.
Where in the BIOS can I find USB enable setting.
Thanks

This would apply if the wireless keyboard was Bluetooth:

http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/blu...etooth-faq.pdf

1.18 Can I access the BIOS settings of my system with my Bluetooth keyboard?

Yes. During boot, your Bluetooth keyboard acts as a standard USB keyboard.
This means you can use it to manage your BIOS setting or enter a boot
password without the need for a second keyboard as long as your BIOS does
not require a PS/2 keyboard in order to boot. If that is the case, you may
have to upgrade your BIOS (refer to your computer documentation for
instructions).

1.19 Can I use my Logitech product even if I have not installed the Bluetooth
stack (software) yet?

Yes. Logitech Bluetooth products are "Plug & Play". This means you can
already use your keyboard even if you have not installed the software.
Obviously, you need to install the software to get all the features of
the product. It also means you don't need to have an existing keyboard
and mouse to install Logitech desktops for Bluetooth. This is particularly
useful if you bought a new system.

Other than that, I didn't find much useful info for Y-RJ20. The keyboard
may have been used in multiple product offerings. I couldn't even find
confirmation that it uses Bluetooth.

Logitech has a forum, and you could post a question there.

http://forums.logitech.com/

For support in the BIOS, there is a "legacy setting". I would think if the keyboard
is working in the BIOS, you already have it enabled.

http://www.techarp.com/showFreeBOG.a...ng=0&bogno=342

Paul

-ram

"Paul" wrote in message ...
ram wrote:
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

-ram

Search the Logitech site, for information about your product.
By not providing the exact model number and name of the product(s),
it is pretty hard to give any details to you.

Old December 27th 07, 05:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

wrote:

- I don't have any other OS but WinXP and Vista at my end, but if you run
something like Win98 or similar then you may need to install DRIVER. I
don't think CMOS has anything to do with this as it supposes to be detected
as USB device

I don't recall ever having to install a driver for USB
keyboard or mouse on Win98, though it might have been 98SE,
and it was definitely not any current generations of
keyboard/mouse sets back then.

I didn't have any cordless stuff while using Win98 and earlier to know
much about it, but as I mentioned that I didn't have to install any driver
for neither WinXP nor Vista. I don't even remember if any of them come with
driver CD or not (that's how bad my memory is bg)

They come with drivers, for any OS including XP and Vista,
but the "driver" is to add extended functionality, not just
to let the system recognize them as keyboard or mouse or
allow the standard functions that any keyboard or mouse has.
Old January 7th 08, 08:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Plato

ram wrote:

I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

One always needs a ps/2 mouse and keyboard to troubleshoot niggles.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

cordless keyboards badgolferman General 5 October 4th 07 10:50 PM
Cordless Intallation Mike Homebuilt PC's 1 February 6th 06 02:02 AM
Asrock Asus Board K7S8X Board: K7S8XE on board sound Shep© Homebuilt PC's 0 December 11th 03 02:27 AM
Cordless headset Shawk Homebuilt PC's 1 October 29th 03 02:57 PM
Best cordless keyboard ??? Claude General 2 August 3rd 03 03:33 AM