software to detect an LED

Old September 16th 07, 10:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Dave[_17_]

Default software to detect an LED

wrote in message

On 14-Sep-2007, "Dave" wrote:

No exclamation marks. The device says no drivers loaded so I don't know
which files to manually delete (uninstall doesn't help me).
I think a weekend of Beer is required to help solve it.

If it says no drivers loaded it means you have to install
the drivers that came on the CD with the webcam. Or go
to the webcam mfrs. website, download the drivers for
your operating ststem, and install them.

Gah, did it again, hit the wrong reply button, sorry ato

It says the same on my desktop PC for the usb connected part of the device.
The drivers are listed under the imaging device in hardware manager, but
this is the part I don't have on the laptop, hence no drivers loaded.
It's the xbox 360 live vision cam by the way.

The instructions for the cam a

1: Turn on your PC and connect the camera cable to an available USB 2.0
(Hi-Speed) port. Microsoft Windows XP will display the Found New Hardware
Wizard.

2: In the wizard, select the options to allow Windows Update to
automatically find and install the free Xbox Live Vision driver file. Your
computer needs this file in order to work with the camera.

The wizard doesn't happen but I do get new hardware found and the cam is
listed as connected to an internal usb2 root hub.
Both PCs are fully wupdated.