Installing non-RAID SATA drive on System running Promise RAID

Old June 26th 06, 11:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default Installing non-RAID SATA drive on System running Promise RAID

I have an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe mother board on which I am currently
running a RAID pair of SATA drives using the Promise Raid Driver. I
want to install another SATA drive for B/U and an alternate OS. There
are two slots for non-Raid SATA drives, but as far as I can tell from
the Instruction Manual, there is only the Promise SATA driver. Can I
install an addtional SATA under Promise without disturbing my RAID
configuration. I would like to know this before I invest in another
SATA drive. Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

Old June 30th 06, 07:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

how did you set up the original Raid array?

if you have to choose manual steps to add drive to array, you don't have
anything to worry
NVIDIA require manual choice to deal with raid, otherwise it is being
treated as an new array. Did not have experience w Promise. You may want to
read or look up the operation manual

oups.com...