Frigging city link

Old December 22nd 03, 02:24 PM
Paul Hopwood

chris wrote:

: That said, even companies which have a good reputation are a pain in
: the backside to deal with if they use CityLink because service at my
: local depot is utterly dreadful; they have a 100% failure rate for me!
:
This is the depot in ilkeston, yes?

If so, I have a 95% failure rate with those clowns as well

That's the one.

They have, to date, failed to deliver a *single* parcel on time.
Typically it takes me three days of lies and run-arounds to wrestle
"next day" deliveries from them, generally involving an hour or more
on the phone and a drive up to Ilkeston to fetch the damned thing!

I guess it doesn't bode well when they don't even know where their own
depot is; the address is Ilkeston, Derbyshire but for some reason City
Link list it as their Nottingham depot. ;-)

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 22nd 03, 05:22 PM
Dotcom Computers Ltd

In ,
Paul Hopwood typed:
chris wrote:

[...]

I must be very lucky, as my depot is the Gatwick Airport one, and seems
excellent.

Mind you all the couriers are based in Gatwick, so I tend to get very good
service from all of them.

Jason Russell
Dotcom Computers Ltd

Old January 4th 04, 01:46 AM
Paul Hilder

"Dotcom Computers Ltd" wrote in
s.com:

If so, I have a 95% failure rate with those clowns as well

That's the one.

They have, to date, failed to deliver a *single* parcel on time.
Typically it takes me three days of lies and run-arounds to
wrestle "next day" deliveries from them, generally involving an
hour or more on the phone and a drive up to Ilkeston to fetch the
damned thing!

I guess it doesn't bode well when they don't even know where
their own depot is; the address is Ilkeston, Derbyshire but for
some reason City Link list it as their Nottingham depot. ;-)

I must be very lucky, as my depot is the Gatwick Airport one, and
seems excellent.

Mind you all the couriers are based in Gatwick, so I tend to get
very good service from all of them.

I never used to have any probs with the Ashford Kent depot when I was
still living there.

Also useful that it was 10 mins walk away so I could just go round and
collect if the parcel wasn't too big.

Not had any real problems with the depot that does West Kensington
where I am now. Parcels looks a bit battered but they turn up on time.

Paul.
--
*Paul Hilder
*Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/
Old January 4th 04, 10:13 AM
Bob Eager

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:46:57 UTC, Paul Hilder
wrote:

I never used to have any probs with the Ashford Kent depot when I was
still living there.

I have. Last delivery was a classic 'put card in door and run' job.

Called the national number to rearrange delivery and spent an hour
getting an answer. Wasn't helpful. Tried to phone depot but number in
book was wrong (and had been for two years).

Spent a long time trying to contact local depot (either engaged or not
answering) and eventually a surly woman reluctantly organised
redelivery. Had to do this twice before I got the parcel.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...