HP 1022 Laserjet started producing garbage.

Old March 12th 10, 07:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trevor[_4_]

Default HP 1022 Laserjet started producing garbage.

My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when I
try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

Old March 12th 10, 10:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...

My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when

try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
that attempts to empty itself automatically.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old March 13th 10, 04:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Warren Block

Trevor trevor@nospam wrote:
My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when I
try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

Usually this is caused by turning the printer off in the middle of a
job. There are commands at the beginning of a print job that set the
printer up. Those commands are lost when the printer is turned off, and
it prints the rest of the data as text, which appears to be garbage.

Don't turn off the computer, it'll just resend the partial print job
when you turn it back on.

Leave the printer off. On the computer, set the printer to offline,
delete the print jobs, then set the printer back on line. Then you can
turn the printer back on.

Old March 14th 10, 06:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trevor[_4_]

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...

My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when

try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
that attempts to empty itself automatically.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Been away a couple of days, everythings been on, but on switching everything
back on and trying to print a 1 page pdf , I get the garbage again.

Old March 14th 10, 11:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Patty

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:49:37 -0000, Trevor wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...

My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when

try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
that attempts to empty itself automatically.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Been away a couple of days, everythings been on, but on switching everything
back on and trying to print a 1 page pdf , I get the garbage again.

Try following the instructions he

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00381747

Patty
Old March 15th 10, 05:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Does the garbage only occur with a specific file, or through only the
..pdf interpreter (Abbe reader, or whatever?)

If so, it may indicate a corrupt file or a corrupt interpreter, or a
wrong reader or file version.

Try to re-download the .pdf file if possible, try another .pdf and see
if the same thing happens. If that still is the case, try installing a
new interpreter/reader to print from, or try another program that prints
..pdf files.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Trevor wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old March 15th 10, 08:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trevor[_4_]

"Patty" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:49:37 -0000, Trevor wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...

[...]

Have tried the reset - still get the garbage - printing from any software
program.

Old March 15th 10, 03:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

If this is only occurring with the same .pdf file, it is likely the file
is corrupt.

If it is occurring with all .pdf files and none other, it may be the
printer driver has become corrupt, load the latest version for your OS.

If it occurs regardless of program and file, try a printer reset via
front panel or software driver accessed. Then try a new or reloaded
printer driver.

There could be a bad cable or connection, try disconnecting and
reconnecting, if that doesn't work try substituting another cable.

If the printer offers several connection options, like Parallel and USB,
try the other one than you normally use.

Trevor wrote:

"Patty" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:49:37 -0000, Trevor wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old March 15th 10, 05:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trevor[_4_]

Trevor wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...

My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage
when
try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
that attempts to empty itself automatically.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Been away a couple of days, everythings been on, but on switching
everything back on and trying to print a 1 page pdf , I get the garbage
again.

It occurs with any file or software

Old March 15th 10, 09:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trevor[_4_]

I have now re-installed the driver from the HP website. Now when I print
nothing happens, it sits in the print queue with a blank in the status
column.