MP530 cuts off the bottom of PDF when printing

Old December 27th 08, 09:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
PHX

Default MP530 cuts off the bottom of PDF when printing

I have a pdf that I created, all text, its a guideline for something at work, it was created in MS word with the smallest print margins.
I then print to PDF, and the PDF show everything on the page.
BUT when I print the document, the last line of the document is cut in half, as if it is outside the printable area.
The printers settings seems to be correct( no scaling, normal print size etc) I cant figure out why my MP530 wont print correctly, I had an Epson cx6600 that prints the same document with no issue.

Any thoughts on how to print this type of document?
Is there a setting for borderless( I cant find it).

Thanks

Old December 28th 08, 12:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
PHX

that sounds like it would work...
how is that done on a canon MP530?

Old December 28th 08, 01:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
PHX

"PHX" wrote in message
I have a pdf that I created, all text, its a guideline for something at
work, it was created in MS word with the smallest print margins.
I then print to PDF, and the PDF show everything on the page.
BUT when I print the document, the last line of the document is cut in
half, as if it is outside the printable area.
The printers settings seems to be correct( no scaling, normal print size
etc) I cant figure out why my MP530 wont print correctly, I had an Epson
cx6600 that prints the same document with no issue.

Any thoughts on how to print this type of document?
Is there a setting for borderless( I cant find it).

Thanks

Alright, I messed around with the print settings from the PDF print and
found that if I choose "choose paper size according to PDF size" it printed
correctly.

Old December 28th 08, 05:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I'm guessing it is a driver issue, and there may not be anything you can
do about it other than slightly reduce the document, perhaps by using
smaller fonts or scaling.

There are two main mechanisms which can cause a printing area to be cut
short. One is that the printer driver is recognizing the paper is near
the bottom, based upon the page length and bottom margin. The other is
the mechanical paper sensor which is positioned such that when it is
activated, the printer stops printing and kicks out the paper, to
prevent the printing from getting distorted because then paper transport
can no longer hold the paper accurately from, or because the printer is
trying avoid the head printing onto the printer platen.

It may be worth it to see if you can either reduce the bottom margin
very slightly in the driver or lie to the driver about the actual paper
size. Try indicating a custom paper size, like 11.1" or 11.2", and see
if it prints more of that last line. If that doesn't work, try using a
longer page (like legal size) just as a test.

See if the legal size will print using 11" length. If that works, it
probably means the paper out sensor is physically positioned to give a
slightly larger lower border than the driver or the PDF file reader
might acknowledge.

In that case, the only fix may be to shorten the overall printed area
very slightly by altering the scale of the font, etc.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Old December 28th 08, 06:01 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Glad to see you found a solution. In so doing, did the font
size/proportions or the font spacing (between lines) change at all to
accommodate the paper size?

Old December 28th 08, 11:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
PHX

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
Glad to see you found a solution. In so doing, did the font
size/proportions or the font spacing (between lines) change at all to
accommodate the paper size?

It does not seem to have affected the font size or spacing.

Strange, NOW, whe i tested it again with the defaults (the original
settings), it prints normally without cutting off the bottom.

PHX wrote:
"PHX" wrote in message
I have a pdf that I created, all text, its a guideline for something at
work, it was created in MS word with the smallest print margins.
I then print to PDF, and the PDF show everything on the page.
BUT when I print the document, the last line of the document is cut in
half, as if it is outside the printable area.
The printers settings seems to be correct( no scaling, normal print size
etc) I cant figure out why my MP530 wont print correctly, I had an Epson
cx6600 that prints the same document with no issue.

Any thoughts on how to print this type of document?
Is there a setting for borderless( I cant find it).

Thanks

Alright, I messed around with the print settings from the PDF print and
found that if I choose "choose paper size according to PDF size" it
printed correctly.

Canon MP530 - Differences between US and EUR mode.. speedracer Printers 1 July 10th 07 04:56 AM
Canon MP530 Joell Printers 2 March 22nd 07 08:37 PM
MP530 vs MP600 [email protected] Printers 10 January 13th 07 01:05 AM
Canon MP530 Lou Printers 4 September 2nd 06 05:28 AM
Canon PIXMA MP530 JXStern Printers 3 August 14th 06 06:30 PM