InCD stopped working

Old April 19th 04, 08:42 PM
Mochyn Brwnt :8(

Default InCD stopped working

OK, story so far.
All was well with my CD writer until last week, now my packet-writing gizmo
(InCD) has stopped working.

If I try to format a clean disc with InCD, after a while it reports..
"Error writing the disc in e:\. Please confirm that the disc is compatible
with th drive and is not scratched or damaged."

I visited the Nero website, updated all software to the latest versions and
carried out all the advice on their FAQ page.
I also updated the firmware of my CD writer, but nothing has worked.

Nero CD creation works fine, so I'm sure this is a driver issue, but I've
exhausted everything I can think of. Can anyone help, please?

Phil.

Win XP Pro SP1

Nero v6.1.3.6
IcCD v4.1.5.10

Plextor PlexWriter PX-W1610TA
Firmware 1.05
Driver v5.1.2535.0
Old April 21st 04, 03:19 AM
K2

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:42:08 +0100, "Mochyn Brwnt :8("
wrote:

OK, story so far.
All was well with my CD writer until last week, now my packet-writing gizmo
(InCD) has stopped working.

If I try to format a clean disc with InCD, after a while it reports..
"Error writing the disc in e:\. Please confirm that the disc is compatible
with th drive and is not scratched or damaged."

I visited the Nero website, updated all software to the latest versions and
carried out all the advice on their FAQ page.
I also updated the firmware of my CD writer, but nothing has worked.

Nero CD creation works fine, so I'm sure this is a driver issue, but I've
exhausted everything I can think of. Can anyone help, please?

If you're by any chance using Memorex (aka Infodisc) CD-RWs, you may,
as I have, gotten a series of lemon discs. They may even go bad just
sitting in storage (my wild theory there).

I don't know that InCD's ability to format discs can itself "go bad,"
but formatting seems to be an error-sensitive stage of creating a
packet-writable CD-RW. I would try a different brand before assuming a
software problem.

K2
Old April 21st 04, 03:21 AM
K2

wrote:

Nero CD creation works fine, so I'm sure this is a driver issue, but I've
exhausted everything I can think of. Can anyone help, please?

Out of curiosity, what is your brand of CD-RW, and what does the "Nero
InfoTool" tell you about the root manufacturer?

K2
Old April 22nd 04, 07:19 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:

[...]

Check out (S11) of 'KCK' InCD Troubleshoot Guide:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572

Try uninstall InCD, run InCD Clean Tool and then reinstall InCD:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html
Old April 22nd 04, 04:15 PM
Mochyn Brwnt :8(

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:19:01 GMT, smh wrote:

Try uninstall InCD, run InCD Clean Tool and then reinstall InCD:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html

Hey, I didn't know this tool existed. I downloaded, ran, reistalled the
latest version and WOW! it works.

Thanks for helping.

Phil.
Old April 22nd 04, 08:06 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:
smh wrote:

Try uninstall InCD, run InCD Clean Tool and then reinstall InCD:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html

Hey, I didn't know this tool existed. I downloaded, ran, reistalled the
latest version and WOW! it works.

Thanks for helping.

You are welcome.
Happy burning.
Old April 26th 04, 01:20 PM
Mochyn Brwnt :8(

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:06:19 GMT, smh wrote:

Try uninstall InCD, run InCD Clean Tool and then reinstall InCD:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html

Hey, I didn't know this tool existed. I downloaded, ran, reistalled the
latest version and WOW! it works.

Thanks for helping.

You are welcome.
Happy burning.

Well, back to square one :-(
First time I dragged a file to the drive (4.5 Mb) all worked OK. Second
time (63Mb), my system crashed (First EVER bluescreen I've had with XP in
over 2 years).
Now I'm getting the same error message and behaviour as before.

Phil.
Old April 26th 04, 07:06 PM
smh

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:

smh wrote:

Try uninstall InCD, run InCD Clean Tool and then reinstall InCD:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html

Hey, I didn't know this tool existed. I downloaded, ran, reistalled the
latest version and WOW! it works.

Thanks for helping.

You are welcome.
Happy burning.

Well, back to square one :-(
First time I dragged a file to the drive (4.5 Mb) all worked OK. Second
time (63Mb), my system crashed (First EVER bluescreen I've had with XP in
over 2 years).
Now I'm getting the same error message and behaviour as before.

Is WMP burn plugin disabled?
Is Winxp burn function disabled?

Old April 26th 04, 09:08 PM
smh

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:

smh wrote:

Well, back to square one :-(
First time I dragged a file to the drive (4.5 Mb) all worked OK. Second
time (63Mb), my system crashed (First EVER bluescreen I've had with XP in
over 2 years).
Now I'm getting the same error message and behaviour as before.

Is WMP burn plugin disabled?

Yes

Is Winxp burn function disabled?

Yes

Have you checked out (S11) of 'KCK' InCD Troubleshoot Guide?
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572

Also, 'KCK' found InCD 3.52.40 is stable. Try that?
http://hippo.ncnu.edu.tw/Windows/Col...CDR-Soft/Nero/