Deskpro 4000S HD&CD Upgrade

Old February 25th 04, 04:38 PM
Steve Wechsler

Adam Richardson wrote in message ...
Hi All,

I've got a trusty old DeskPro which I'd like to put a new HD and CDWR in
since they're pretty cheap...

Can anyone tell me if it matters what drives I get? Are there
limitations which mean a new drive won't work? E.g. can I put an EIDE HD
in there?

You may have issues with disks larger than 32GB, but EIDE disks will
work, just not at optimum speed. You might want to consider installing
a PCI EIDE controller; they're pretty cheap and will give you better
performance and no disk size issues.

Any CDRW should work without problem.

Steve
Old February 26th 04, 06:22 PM
Adam

Thanks to all who replied, off to look for new drives now... ;-)

Adam

--
Adam Richardson
Email me at: stonemonkey at ntlworld dot com

Can I upgrade my 1GHz Compaq Deskpro EN Intel 815e to something worthwhile Ziggy Compaq Computers 1 December 18th 03 09:40 PM
deskpro cpu upgrade jay Compaq Computers 4 December 18th 03 07:26 PM
Old Skool Deskpro Upgrade Adam Richardson Compaq Computers 11 November 18th 03 10:40 PM
Q: Possible CPU Upgrade for Deskpro EN LFF Thomas Zahren Compaq Computers 0 August 12th 03 08:50 PM
Compaq deskpro en upgrade jay Compaq Computers 1 July 21st 03 05:41 PM