Compaq Armada 7800 Info Please

Old October 17th 03, 11:46 PM
Tom Scales

It doesn't stand for fine, you and I (and he both know that) and he was
being abusive.

Not sure why people are here just to make comments like that.

Tom
"Seinman" wrote in message

Re-read my previous response.

Well if the "F" stands for fine, then I apologise, I was being
over-sensitive.

Old October 18th 03, 08:24 PM
Earl F. Parrish

"Seinman" wrote in message
I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the

chassis. How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on the

HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the

volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model have

proprietary cable?

TIA

Here is the link to Chapter 12 of the reference manual dealing with
the internal modem:
http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/s...a1098_ch12.pdf
You apparently have the international flavor model which has country
specific cables available which plug into the side above the PC
card slots.

Here is the link to Chapter 7 of the reference manual dealing with
the audio system;
http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/s...5a1098_ch7.pdf
I did not have the time to read the pertinent information.

If you cut the link back to the last forward slash, you will see the
other chapters of the reference manual which are available on the
website.

--
Earl F. Parrish

FA: 3 Compaq Armada M700 laptops - GREAT PRICE! FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA!!! TrueAmerican General 1 December 5th 04 05:20 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 August 7th 03 11:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM
Compaq Armada 7800 will not start with battery Damien Compaq Computers 4 July 27th 03 10:48 AM