51.75 Driver.....

Old October 17th 03, 07:22 AM
David L. White, Jr.

Default 51.75 Driver.....

What is the consensus on this driver? I downloaded it today, and it
seems to work pretty well. I was able to put Anti-aliasing at 4x, and
anisotropic (sp?) at 4 x. It worked fine. This was with the POS FX
5200 card. First time I've been able to enable them both to 4x.

Anyone else have a reaction to this driver?

Dave

Narrator:

On a long enough timeline,
the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Old October 17th 03, 10:14 AM
Lee Marsh

David L. White, Jr. wrote:
What is the consensus on this driver? I downloaded it today, and it
seems to work pretty well. I was able to put Anti-aliasing at 4x, and
anisotropic (sp?) at 4 x. It worked fine. This was with the POS FX
5200 card. First time I've been able to enable them both to 4x.

Anyone else have a reaction to this driver?

I tried it with a GeForce3 and it is perfect. I don't really use FSAA
unless its a 640x480 game like Escape From Monkey Island or Grim
Fandango etc.

Old October 17th 03, 10:39 AM
Lasse Lundberg

get the 52.13 from guru3d....it has much better image quality..and should be
more stable

for 5900 user be ware there has been reports of the fan turning off (this is
only for the 5900 since the fan is controlled by software on this card)

they work great for me though

Lasse
5900U

Old October 17th 03, 11:46 AM
Dark Avenger

Quite nice that you got it running. But when you begin to play games
you might find glitches or simply that the game doesn't starts at all,
the drivers where benchmark optimized and doesn't contains much
support for real games....to bad.

Old October 17th 03, 12:03 PM
Lee Marsh

"Dark Avenger" wrote:
Quite nice that you got it running. But when you begin to play games
you might find glitches or simply that the game doesn't starts at all,
the drivers where benchmark optimized and doesn't contains much
support for real games....to bad.

Every game that I've played so far on an 5900 U works great with the
52.13, which games have problems or doesn't start at all?.

Old October 17th 03, 12:31 PM
Allan Dwyer

I installed the unofficial 52.13 drivers for my FX5600 to see if it would
fix the Anti Aliasing faults with FS2004 when using the official drivers
(45.23), low and behold they do. Everything else seems to work OK as well. I
am happy with them. Frame rates seem about the same as 45:23.

Allan Dwyer

has fixed the AA faults in FS2004has
"Lee Marsh" wrote in message
e9.co.uk...

Old October 17th 03, 03:11 PM
Aki Peltola

"Lee Marsh" wrote
Anyone else have a reaction to this driver?

I tried it with a GeForce3 and it is perfect. I don't really use FSAA
unless its a 640x480 game like Escape From Monkey Island or Grim
Fandango etc.

Do you have a normal GF3 (non-Ti200/500)?
Can't get any drivers later than 44.03 to work on
my system with Ti200.

Btw. could someone confirm do I really have
Nvidia's reference card? I bought it as used and
received only the card itself without manuals or packets.
There's "Nvidia on-board" printed in the fan-label only,
no other brand-markings etc. anywhere on the card
(which is gold-coloured, orange cooling handles).

Doesn't clock too well either, 175/400@225/450 as
I've read some other Ti200's can get memory over
500MHz .

Unable to find any BIOS-updates from nvidia.com.
Could or should I flash some other brand's Ti200-
BIOS into my Nvidia-card, for possibly better
overclocking capabilities, or is this simpy the best
I can get out of my hardware? There's already
80x80mm/1500rpm fan blowing air to the GPU.

Old October 17th 03, 03:50 PM
Courseyauto

I have a gainward GF3Ti 200 G/S i am using the 45.23 drivers with no problems.
Old October 17th 03, 03:51 PM
Lee Marsh

"Aki Peltola" a formulé ce Friday :
"Lee Marsh" wrote
[...]

I have a normal non Ti Elsa Gladiac 920 GeForce3. Have you tried using
utilities like Driver Cleaner and Detonator RIP to clean the system
first? So what happens when you try to install any later drivers, any
error messages?.

Old October 17th 03, 07:08 PM
Outback Jon

Aki Peltola wrote:
Do you have a normal GF3 (non-Ti200/500)?
Can't get any drivers later than 44.03 to work on
my system with Ti200.

I am running the 45.23 drivers on my G3Ti200.

Doesn't clock too well either, 175/400@225/450 as
I've read some other Ti200's can get memory over
500MHz .

I've got mine at 220/460 any faster on either setting gives me problems.

Unable to find any BIOS-updates from nvidia.com.
Could or should I flash some other brand's Ti200-
BIOS into my Nvidia-card, for possibly better
overclocking capabilities, or is this simpy the best
I can get out of my hardware?

Flashing a BIOS not meant for your card will probably mean trouble. I've
never heard of a BIOS change that will allow for better overclocking, as the
GPU and memory chips are the limitations and not the BIOS programming.

--
"Outback" Jon Gould | Let those who RIDE,
2003 Kawasaki Concours (wreck)|
| HELMET LAWS SUCK
CQ CQ CQ de KC2BNE |
AMD XP 1700+ @ 1540 MHz 768M PC2100 DDR @ 280 MHz
Soyo K7V Dragon Plus 120GB and 40GB Maxtor HD
Asus GeForce3 Ti200 (220/460) Acer 24x10x40 CDRW
Cornerstone 21" Monitor Nostromo n50 Speedpad

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do
wrong. Abraham Lincoln