P4P800-E Deluxe: How to remove an old Intel Chipset Driver?

Old July 24th 04, 07:19 AM
Peter Wagner

Default P4P800-E Deluxe: How to remove an old Intel Chipset Driver?

Hi

I've replaced my old CUSL-2 MB by a P4P800-E Deluxe. The Harddrive is the
same (not changed).
Unfortunately my WinXP Pro can't boot. :-(
I think the cause is the old Intel Chipset Driver or the Intel Application
Accelerator Driver?!

There's a way to remove the Drivers?
Who has a tip?

TIA

Old July 24th 04, 11:05 AM
Tim

Yip,

Do a repair install. This will re-run the PNP detect / hardware setup phase
and take the installation back to the service pack level of the CD you use
for the repair. If you have a Service Pack 1 version of XP that is where it
will take you to IE = new install with SP1. You will not lose any data or
applications. Do not attempt to run anything until you have completed the
process.

To do a repair install, have your CD key handy, check your bios config to
boot off CD, boot, proceed as though you were going to do a new install. The
setup will detect your installation and ask if you want to do a repair &
follow on from there. Once you have finished, install your motherboard
drivers as per a new install, all other drivers, service packs, etc.

You will likely have to re-activate your XP afterwards.

- Tim