CD / DVD Problem....

Old November 22nd 03, 08:01 PM
PP

Default CD / DVD Problem....

Hello,

I have in my computer a CD-RW and a DVD-RW ( this as master ). Before that i
had a CD-RW and a CD-Drive only (this was as master ).

My problem is that for both situations or even if I only put one drive (
let´s say the DVD-RW for example ) at some stage my system stops reconizind
the correct drives.

When i turn on the computer, every drive is correctly recognize and i can
work with them normaly. ( I can read Cd´s , write Cd´s and read DVD´s and
write DVD-Ram ) . But if I, for instance, I put another CD ( music or data )
normaly the system do not allow me to read it. It keeps with an old "ghost"
of the preview CD that was there...!?!?

The only way to correct is to go to System proprieties - hardware - unistall
the CD or DVD drive and then ask to search for new hardware. It works well
again. Well, only until it goes again with this vicious cycle. Every time i
put another CD or DVD i have to prey in order to " please not this time..."

Sometimes it changes and DVD-RW for and CD-Read in terms of fault recognize.

With some apllications live B´s Recordes Gold5 ( DVD-Writer ) i can burn a
DVD, but then can not begin a session on the DVD again!?

I believe that the problem is not with the CD,CD-RW or DVD-RW drivers...
eventually registry or controller!? But were do I start ??

I also have to Hard-disk installed ( total of 4 IDE including the CD-RW and
DVD-RW ) is this to much ??

Many thanks,
Peter

Troubleshooting Internet Problem Taishi General 1 October 26th 03 01:59 AM
Soltek SL-75FRN2-L BIOS flashing problem Ante Lazarusic General 4 October 23rd 03 02:22 PM
AMD Problem Sean General 9 September 17th 03 01:20 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM
Startup/Shutdown Problem Girgath General 5 August 8th 03 05:45 AM