New hard drive...can't restore

Old October 17th 03, 05:29 AM
Blue

The full set of QRs should partition an unpartitioned drive and to C: and D:
(systemsav) and complete the restore process. There is one QR CD that will
use the D: partition to restore if it is there.

"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
The Yeti Thinks that the problem is identified in the origional post.
The Quick Restore cd is looking for the D: SystemSav partition.
However, on a new HD, of course, there is no such animal. Options,
spend $10 and buy the full restore CD set from Compaq, Spend $70-$300
for a new OS from M$, Instlall a bootleg OS, Install Linux.

Personally I would most likely install a bootleg version of Win2k or
Win9x, if it were my own box, Mandrake Linux.

PS..

Did I read your First Post wrong, you spent how much for a HD from
Compaq??? You can get 120 gig drives from Best Buy for $90 dude.

PPS, There is nothing wrong with the hardware, its the tool you are
using. If all else fails, you can use duct tape to build a house.

Old October 17th 03, 05:29 AM
Blue

He just told me what Compaq charged him for that 30 gig Maxtor (which I
would swear is a reconditioned one)...$300!!!!!! At that price that drive
should have been imaged to hell and back! Those people should be shot. I
told him to send the drive back, get his money back and he could have an
equal or larger HD plus his own copy of XP and still have money left over.
What a POS. Better yet, throw the sucker in the creek and get a real
computer.

"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
2nd post, I just thought of somthing.

If you had ME on the system before, there should be a sticker on the
side of the case with a ME product ID # on it. So get a CD with ME on
it, install, use your coustomers product key, and you have a nice,
legal, Operating System.