Dual boot XP and Vista by changing the boot drive in System Setup?

Old March 31st 07, 11:17 AM posted to alt.os.windows-vista,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jeff Ingram

Default Dual boot XP and Vista by changing the boot drive in System Setup?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried this before. Is it possible to
dual boot XP and Vista just by changing the boot drive in System Setup?
I've got 2 different hard drives and I'd like to dual boot XP and Vista. It
seems to be a topic that's talked about much, but would a simple solution be
to just put the two on different physical hard drives and then just change
the boot drive to the desired drive when needed? Is there something that
I'm not considering?

Also, I've heard of the issue with XP and Vista screwing up the other's
system restore points. Would this happen even if the two were installed on
two different physical hard drives?

Thanks,

Jeff

Old March 31st 07, 05:43 PM posted to alt.os.windows-vista,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BigJim

works for me, just remember to disconnect devices that won/t work with
vista.
Like I have a older lexmark usb printer, I just unplug it.