A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » General
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Microsoft Surface book Charging controller card

Old August 3rd 20, 10:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
sideley_at_yahoo -dot-com
external usenet poster

Default Microsoft Surface book Charging controller card

Hello all,

My Surface Book keyboard has failed unexpectedly: battery is not recognised anymore, no charge through the keyboard power plug anymore , all the peripheral connection ports are dead , the power supply failed as well. The batteryreport utility software indicates an extinction of the batteries without prior serious decrease in capacity, the latest record shows a capacity of both batteries at above 90% of the design specs.

At present, only the tablet part works. The detachment button on the keyboard does not work anymore.

I disassembled the keyboard: The 4 cells making up battery 2 are in good shape and deliver a 3.55 V voltage each. All indications lead to a failure of the circuit board lying between the power plug, the battery cells and the connecter to the tablet part. But I cannot remove it yet because I don't have a screwdriver fitting the screws.

Any idea to repair it ?
Old August 4th 20, 05:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]
external usenet poster

Default Microsoft Surface book Charging controller card

On 3/08/2020 9:55 pm, sideley_at_yahoo -dot-com wrote:
Hello all,

My Surface Book keyboard has failed unexpectedly: battery is not recognised anymore, no charge through the keyboard power plug anymore , all the peripheral connection ports are dead , the power supply failed as well. The batteryreport utility software indicates an extinction of the batteries without prior serious decrease in capacity, the latest record shows a capacity of both batteries at above 90% of the design specs.

At present, only the tablet part works. The detachment button on the keyboard does not work anymore.

I disassembled the keyboard: The 4 cells making up battery 2 are in good shape and deliver a 3.55 V voltage each. All indications lead to a failure of the circuit board lying between the power plug, the battery cells and the connecter to the tablet part. But I cannot remove it yet because I don't have a screwdriver fitting the screws.

Any idea to repair it ?

As the power supply failed as well I'd say that it failed first and took the circuit board with it.
Maybe there's a fuse on the PCB and hopefully it's not surface-mount...

Good luck!
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy little classification
in the DSM"
David Melville

This is not an email and hasn't been checked for viruses by any half-arsed self-promoting software.