Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another system, cannot figure it out now).

Old February 14th 05, 07:17 AM
VIDiot

Default Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another system, cannot figure it out now).

Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the
monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another
system, cannot figure it out now).

Subject pretty much sais it all... when I play a video, I can see it
fine on my monitor, but, it appears as a black-window on my TV. I can
switch to TV+analog, and it'll appear on the TV, but then, it won't
appear on the PC. I do alot of viewing and editing and I often review my
work on the TV, instead of sitting at the PC for hrs at a time, so it's
kind of a pain having to continuously switch views. I had this same
problem on my son's PC, and fixed it once, (this was before I gave it to
him, so he doesn't use the TV-out feature), but I cannot seem to recall
what I did in the settings, to fix the problem. Any help would be
appreciated.

The card I'm using is a geforce FX 5200 w/256mb DDR.

Any ideas?

VIDiot
....end of line.
Old February 15th 05, 07:53 AM
Frog Legs

I am having the same problem with a Predator MX 440 8X card being used
in a Dell PowerEdge 400sc, with Windows 2000.

The problem shows up one other way. If a do a screen capture with the
Print screen key, the saved screen has a black window where the video
should be.

Disabling DirectX with the "Display Setting Advanced Trouble
Shooting Hardware Acceleration" setting clears the problem, but of
course causes other problems.

Any suggestions?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:17:45 GMT, VIDiot wrote:

Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the
monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another
system, cannot figure it out now).

Subject pretty much sais it all... when I play a video, I can see it

Old February 20th 05, 09:13 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Disable the use of Overlays in yer media player app. In WMP, 'tis under
tools/options/performance/advanced.

Frog Legs wrote:
I am having the same problem with a Predator MX 440 8X card being used
in a Dell PowerEdge 400sc, with Windows 2000.

The problem shows up one other way. If a do a screen capture with the
Print screen key, the saved screen has a black window where the video
should be.

Disabling DirectX with the "Display Setting Advanced Trouble
Shooting Hardware Acceleration" setting clears the problem, but of
course causes other problems.

Any suggestions?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:17:45 GMT, VIDiot wrote:

Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the
monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another
system, cannot figure it out now).

Subject pretty much sais it all... when I play a video, I can see it

Old February 21st 05, 12:24 AM
VIDiot

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:13:32 GMT, Sharanga Dayananda
wrote:

Disable the use of Overlays in yer media player app. In WMP, 'tis under
tools/options/performance/advanced.

Thanx for the suggestion, I tried the two other video-output options in
MPC, and still, no difference. (I do not like, WMP, myself).

VIDiot
....end of line.
Old March 12th 05, 05:14 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

wrote:

Disable the use of Overlays in yer media player app. In WMP, 'tis under
tools/options/performance/advanced.

Thanx for the suggestion, I tried the two other video-output options in
MPC, and still, no difference. (I do not like, WMP, myself).

VIDiot
...end of line.

Disable overlay and VMR (software rendering). Then it'll be software
rendering by default for all media players which use the Windows defaults.

Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
TV-out problem - watching videos James Thompson Nvidia Videocards 1 November 1st 03 01:01 AM
Bad audio problem and audio mpeg recording problem bg Ati Videocards 1 September 29th 03 01:17 AM
[FX5600] problem exiting some direct3D applications ? ho alexandre Nvidia Videocards 2 August 25th 03 06:15 PM