Linksys router and PPPoE disconnect? :-|

Old December 13th 03, 07:54 PM
Martin Ohlsson

Default Linksys router and PPPoE disconnect? :-|

Hi there

I have just bought a whole new Linksys BEFSR41 V.3 DSL/Calbe router with a
etherhub with 4ports in it.

My ISP is the Danish Tele-company TDC (Tele Danmark Connections), with a
1024/256 ADSL Connection.

My issue is that the router works perfect! Extept when I am using the
download client Bit Torrent for downloading. Then it is downloading for
about 10minutes and then I get disconnected from the PPPoE server (which is
the one my ISP is using). I have contacted my ISP and they did not think
there should be any problem of their side.

I have tried to enter the port-rage that the Bit Torrent client is using, on
the router, and entered my local ip-adress (192.168.1.3) and pressed
activate. I thought this would work because I could suddenly download for
about 1hour, but then I got disconnected once again from the PPPoE! :-( It
is strange because when I get disconnected, and i go into the Status screen
on the router its saying "Connecting" but without results.. then I can go to
the Basic Settings screen, and simply press "Save Settings" without typing
the PPPoE server username/pass again, just simply pressing "Save settings"
will make the PPPoE connection come online once again! Or at least untill i
get disconnected again :-p

When I am just connected to the internet and surfing around and using mIRC
chat client i can stay online forever! At least for about 12hrs,as were
where I started the Bit Torrent clien again, and 10mins after this I was
disconnected :-O

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? I do not have problems
with connecting to the mIRC chat client or MSN Messenger 6.0, as I had with
the earlier Speedstream router, which was a standard router that followed
with the ADSL package from TDC.

I though maybe a firmware upgrade could do something, but it seems that
there aren't any! Does anyone have some suggestions for what I can do to
stop this disconnection all the time.... I would be gratefull..

Yours Faithfully - Martin