Divx codec?

Old March 2nd 05, 02:16 AM
Richard Dower

Default Divx codec?

Is there anywhere to down just the codec, not the big 7Mb crap available
from dixv.com, i just need the codec itself without all the rubbish.

Anyone recomend a good codec pack that is tried and tested?...thanks.

Old March 2nd 05, 11:52 AM
David

www.free-codecs.com
Old March 2nd 05, 11:56 AM
David

wrote:

Is there anywhere to down just the codec, not the big 7Mb crap available
from dixv.com, i just need the codec itself without all the rubbish.

Anyone recomend a good codec pack that is tried and tested?...thanks.

look for codec pack all in 1 6.0.2.4, should fit the bill.
Old March 2nd 05, 06:24 PM
Paul Hill

wrote:

Is there anywhere to down just the codec, not the big 7Mb crap available

from dixv.com, i just need the codec itself without all the rubbish.

Anyone recomend a good codec pack that is tried and tested?...thanks.

look for codec pack all in 1 6.0.2.4, should fit the bill.

Or use FFDShow / XVID instead.
Old March 3rd 05, 10:29 AM
David

wrote:

Is there anywhere to down just the codec, not the big 7Mb crap available

from dixv.com, i just need the codec itself without all the rubbish.

Anyone recomend a good codec pack that is tried and tested?...thanks.

look for codec pack all in 1 6.0.2.4, should fit the bill.

Or use FFDShow / XVID instead.

Is an ac3 filter needed with this software?

TIA
Old March 3rd 05, 05:30 PM
Paul Hill

wrote:

Is there anywhere to down just the codec, not the big 7Mb crap available

from dixv.com, i just need the codec itself without all the rubbish.

Anyone recomend a good codec pack that is tried and tested?...thanks.

look for codec pack all in 1 6.0.2.4, should fit the bill.

Or use FFDShow / XVID instead.

Is an ac3 filter needed with this software?

Sorry, not sure, but I believe so. I just checked and I'm using FFDShow
for decoding DIVX (v3, 4, 5) & XVID & MPEG & Real Video & various video
codecs. It's possible I installed a seperate AC3 codec, I can't
remember (but I can't find it on my add/remove programs...).

The nice thing about FFDShow is that I only have one codec for *many*
video formats. It's based on the open source ffmpeg library.

URL for the project is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

--
Paul

SP2 and DivX Glenn M Homebuilt PC's 2 August 20th 04 10:44 PM
256kb vs 512kb data buffer in DVD-ROM drives: will I see much difference when playing DivX movies and games from cdrom?! Jason Cdr 0 October 16th 03 12:19 AM
Problem playing DivX on tv-out on Parhelia... Anders Eriksen Matrox Videocards 1 August 19th 03 09:24 PM
Winfast PVR - audio codec? Geoff Hicks Nvidia Videocards 4 August 1st 03 02:44 AM