PB 420 mobo BIOS update

Old December 4th 03, 12:06 PM
Louie

"Elector" wrote in message
.. .
snip
Yes, you're right about the chip replacement. MicroFirmware even
warns
about installing it backwards. If installed backwards, chip will be
destroyed on power up.

Only reason I'm fooling with it is the challenge and because I'm a

shut-in
(disabled). Gives me something to do besides watch the tube and

bounce off
the walls. g I have about 10-15 old PC's (Pentium MMX, PII's)

I'm
attempting to restore to donate to people (children 6-14 years old)

who
can't afford a new PC (we're in the swamps of FL. Nearest big city

is an
hour away). Mostly, they just need a PC for school.
--
Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA

eat the flies to email

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Ahh I see..Loved that way you replied...

Metronid & Ben for some reason love the way Microsoft has the default
to top reply. Its a big hassle to keep scrolling back and forth, but I
chide them on it all the time. Sort of like you can't teach an old dog
a new trick. ha ha

Good cause for you to want to be so thoughtful. I wish you well on
your progress and for the kids as well.

Elector

Thank you for the good tidings. Happy holidays to ya! bg
--
Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA

eat the flies to email

---

Old December 5th 03, 12:18 AM
First Last

Louie

Don't worry about top posting -- most people do it -- and many find it
easier to read. You don't have to scroll through a lot of old stuff to get
to the message.

"Louie" wrote in message

.. .

Old December 5th 03, 11:33 AM
Elector

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:18:50 -0500, "First Last" had this to say and I had
to reply to it:

::Louie
::
:on't worry about top posting -- most people do it -- and many find it
::easier to read. You don't have to scroll through a lot of old stuff to get
::to the message.
::
::
::

That well be true, but it is not the internet standard at 99.9% of Usenet. The exceptions I have
seen are the Microsoft groups not a big surprise there does not also mean the information from
the poster is any less valid. Ben & Metronid both do a fine job at assisting It is a personal
preference coupled with a Usenet standard. That is all there is to life on this matter. And on
average if you read any long length of posts from this group from say 1993-to-date most are bottom
replies.

I just looked at a joke someone posted about the top-bottom posting If I find it today I will post
it, but it was sort of like the Questions were on the bottom and the answer on top. And it made no
sense except for a humorous post.

Elector

Old December 5th 03, 07:52 PM
First Last

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.
Old December 5th 03, 10:34 PM
Elector

"First Last" wrote in message
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

"And to what is gods to god". Also posting in HTML (RTF) is a no-no in
this group and many others. We are now working on two "no no's" of
this group. Which has already been pointed out to the last known troll
poster that started trouble here.

Please read my tiraid with our last troll poster. It all started over
"newsgroup faux pas"

Elector

Old December 6th 03, 12:39 AM
Winston

"Elector" wrote in message
.. .

"First Last" wrote in message
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

"And to what is gods to god". Also posting in HTML (RTF) is a no-no

in
this group and many others. We are now working on two "no no's" of
this group. Which has already been pointed out to the last known

troll
poster that started trouble here.

Please read my tiraid with our last troll poster. It all started

over
"newsgroup faux pas"

Elector

You can say it did :-)

Many here stayed away while you handled the problem. Others just kill
filed the troll. I for one think you do this group a great service. I
read where another regular stated "if not for you this group would be
worse off". I for one thank you for your efforts, keep up the good
work Elector.

W.

Old December 6th 03, 04:00 PM
First Last

Many here stayed away while you handled the problem. Others just kill
filed the troll. I for one think you do this group a great service.

Nah, I just kill filed elector. rtfm was right.

Old December 6th 03, 06:31 PM
Elector

"First Last" wrote in message
Many here stayed away while you handled the problem. Others just

kill
filed the troll. I for one think you do this group a great service.

Nah, I just kill filed elector. rtfm was right.

Well that was shown as a lie, to kill file a poster means you don't
see or reply to a post. So now we have another kook on our hands? rtfm
is a proven phony and liar and troll. If that is the sort of ilk you
want to be associated with then please stand over there in the other
side of the room marked: Kooks & Trolls. This group is for folks that
want real help and friendship.

Elector

Old December 6th 03, 07:47 PM
Winston

"First Last" wrote in message
Nah, I just kill filed elector. rtfm was right.

Not that I have not seen Mr. Elector's reply to you, I must say when
kooks come out they come out in droves. So now because the gentleman
advised you that top posting and html were not allowed in this group.
You like the other kook (rtfm) attack the advisor in this group. Makes
a load of sense. And a kill file is like Mr. Elector stated, to not be
seen. Where your posts will now be going if anyone here is smart to do
so. Kill files are quite functional on the noise level in the group;
the people here for the most part are friendly and helpful, and we
don't need any more trolls either former or present in this group.

So please move along to another group where people will want to see
your trolling. news:alt.kooks comes to mind. Elector and the regulars
have assistance to give.

W.

Old December 6th 03, 08:08 PM
First Last

I join the Microsoft Corporation, Ben Meyers, and many others in my
preference to top post. (Please don't attempt to suggest that anything is
"allowed" or "disallowed" on an un-moderated list.) This is why they make
vanilla and chocolate. IF you don't like it, don't read my messages! In OE,
the "kill file" is a message rule, and the rule disposes of messages
according to how I create the rule. In the case of elector, I found his
language and bullying beyond belief and created a rule that took anything
from him, marked it as read and deleted it. However, if anyone responded to
anything he wrote, depending upon how judicious they were in editing, some
might come through. As everybody knows, no system is perfect and sometimes
unexpected things happen. If you think that character is friendly, then we
have different definitions of the word. Again, chocolate and vanilla.
Finally, if you wish to chat about net etiquette, is this really the place?
If you wish to lurk or post here, there, or on your alt.kooks ng, be my
guest. I'll read and post on the ngs that are of interest to me. Thanks.
FWIW, when you respond -- even in a thread -- to something that is not
mainstream to the group, courtesy dictates putting the label "(OT)" (for off
topic) into the subject line. Again, thanks for your opinion.

"Winston" wrote in message

So now because the gentleman advised you that top posting and html were not
allowed in this group. You like the other kook (rtfm) attack the advisor (!)
in this group. Makes a load of sense.

And a kill file is like Mr. Elector stated, to not be seen. (See above)

the people here for the most part are friendly and helpful, and we don't
need any more trolls either former or present in this group. So please move
along to another group where people will want to see your trolling.
news:alt.kooks comes to mind. Elector and the regulars have assistance to
give. (presumptuous!)