Surely SOMEBODY knows what a 4880 (200Mhz?) is?

Old November 13th 03, 09:22 PM
Elector

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:17:39 -0500, "My father's son" had this to say
and I had to reply to it:

::Many thanks for the reference: I would imagine that is the MB and
::intriguingly it looks as if I can replace the Pentium 1 200MMX processor
::with a Pentium 11 233 Mhz which also uses Socket 7, put 128 Meg of RAM in it
:n 4 32 meg SIMMs and run Windows 2000? (I just can't access the manual to
::see how to do this as the content on http://home.att.net/~rjdg/florimmx.zip
::is blocked)
::
::Or possibly the position is as revealed on the page itself: Intel made
::233MMX Pentium I chips as well as 233 Pentium 11 chips and the one I have
::been using to run windows 2000 successfully is the former, making the
::'upgrade' not worth the bother in 2003.
::
::Licensed to Quill
::
::
::"Elector" wrote in message
::news ::
:: "Licensed to Quill" wrote in
:: message ...
:: Thanks to Phil, Apparently it is a PB680 2D MMX Orlando
:: Motherboard with a
:: P200 mmx processor and a 2.1Gb Hard Drive with 16MB EDO RAM, meaning
:: presumably SIMMs
::
:: The Graphics Card was a Trio 64 and the Sound Card an Aztech 2320
::
:: It has an X2 USR Win Modem (bit suspicious about WINMODEMS: They
:: were alway
:: a bit difficult to configure werent they?) and runs WIN 95 so I will
:: take a
:: 98 Upgrade disc with me as I can't imagine it will run Windows 2000
:: on what
:: cant be much more than 4 SIMMs. Dont see any point in overclocking
:: it
:: either as it won't run Windows 2000 anyway and the next step up was
:: a
:: Pentium 11 which started as 233 Mhz processors, meaning there isn't
:: much
:: chance of upgrading the processor with the Socket 7 233 I have lying
:: around
:: here
::
:: (Havent yet figured out the keyboard plug arragement)
::
::
::
:: Licensed to Quill:
::
:: Funny I didn't see a "Phil" post. He must have emailed you. If you are
:: 100% certain that is the system then here are the specs.
:: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...774/pb680.html
::
:: Please insure that is the correct system. The manual from Ray's
:: Packard Bell site is he
:: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...774/pbmvb.html
:: It may have the pin out assignment your looking for.
::
:: Elector
::
::
::

Licensed to Quill:

Glad to have helped?

I also noted that the web page you reference had been blocked at AT&T Site. strange.

Elector

Old December 11th 03, 06:20 PM
tetleyone

With the part No. P030103401
PB Europe reckon this is a PULSAR 19

HOPE THIS HELPS

"Licensed to Quill" wrote in message
Then I am in a bad way: SHe is 83 and has a weak heart so can't really

take
it anywhe Someone else read the model number where it said MODEL NUMBER
as well as the FCC ID.

Guess I will have to wait until I get back to London with all necessary
acoutrements to get it working (assuming it works)

"Licensed to Quill" wrote in message
Saw no response to my earlier post and wonder if everyone thinks that

the
question had been answered?

Surely SOMEBODY knows what a Multimedia 4880 is? I think it runs at

200Mhz
and can't find anything about it from the PB site

Even the FCC ID No: is impenetrable: FCC ID 1441CM14017

(The FCC doesnt even recognise it as a valid number without a prefix)

Licensed to Quill

---
Tetleyones outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
There are 10 kinds of people -- Those who understand BINARY and those WHO
Don't