680 MB PCI Question

Old October 21st 03, 11:15 AM
Elector

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:06:09 -0700, "metronid" had this to say and I had to
reply to it:

::This is why I do not frequent this
::group as much
::I take no sides
::It is just childish
And on that we do agree.

Elector
Old October 21st 03, 09:22 PM

"metronid" wrote:

This is why I do not frequent
this group as much
I take no sides
It is just childish

I appreciate your perspective, but what best characterizes elector is
his lack of respect for the law and for the rights of others. This is
consistent with the way Robb characterized him, when he compared him
to the local bully in a low class bar.
========
Practice safe tinkering and always wear a grounding strap.

View the UPDATED FAQ for alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Old October 21st 03, 09:35 PM
Elector

"G" wrote in message
om...
"metronid" wrote:

This is why I do not frequent
this group as much
I take no sides
It is just childish

I appreciate your perspective, but what best characterizes elector

is
his lack of respect for the law and for the rights of others. This

is
consistent with the way Robb characterized him, when he compared him
to the local bully in a low class bar.

Robb spoke to our admin and he stated that you are a persistent and
chronic complainer. He said FDN and the upstream has spoken to you on
numerous occasions and that "they" have just about had it with your
crap. Do I need to get our Admin to back up my statement? You will be
shown for the loser and liar you truly are.

Now go away little troll, no one here wants to view your garbage
either from FDN or Google.

Elector

Old October 21st 03, 10:01 PM
Elector

Follow-UP Kook Boy is now posting from Google Groups and is now on
BellSouth Net. Careful kook I may know someone on that ISP as well.
Thank you FDN for getting rid of this troll and kook. I owe you one.

Elector

################################################## ####################
########################

"G" wrote in message
om...

From: (G)
Newsgroups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Subject: 680 MB PCI Question - ignore
he is an
without any redeeming social value
Date: 21 Oct 2003 13:22:31 -0700

10/21/03 16:53:37 IP block 68.158.234.75
Trying 68.158.234.75 at ARIN
Trying 68.158.234 at ARIN

OrgName: BellSouth.net Inc.
OrgID: BELL
Address: 575 Morosgo Drive
City: Atlanta
StateProv: GA
PostalCode: 30324
Country: US

NetRange: 68.152.0.0 - 68.159.255.255
CIDR: 68.152.0.0/13
NetName: BELLSNET-BLK14
NetHandle: NET-68-152-0-0-1
Parent: NET-68-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS.BELLSOUTH.NET
NameServer: NS.ATL.BELLSOUTH.NET
Comment:
Comment: For Abuse Issues, email
. NO
ATTACHMENTS. Include IP
Comment: address, time/date, message header, and attack logs.
Comment: For Subpoena Request, email

with "SUBPOENA" in
Comment: the subject line. Law Enforcement Agencies ONLY, please.
RegDate: 2002-07-22
Updated: 2003-05-05

Old October 22nd 03, 02:58 AM
Drydem

"Ray" wrote in message ...
I have an old machine with a PB680 motherboard. I'd like to be able to use
this system for simple tasks and would like to be able to network it to our
other PC's (all newer).
It appears that there are 3 PCI slots on the (IDE?) board (the only board
that comes off of the motherboard, P/N: 52f53 Rev.C). I have upgraded the
machine to Windows 98, and I have attempted to install a networking card in
one (and the each of the three) PCI slots. With the card installed, the
system will not boot. When I remove the card, the system boots right up.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Ray

1. could you tell us what is the make and model of the
network card that you are using? Did it come with
installation software? (All PCI NIC that I've seen
are plug-n-play but the NIC driver you need may
not be a part of the Windows98 driver library).

2. When the NIC card was installed at what part of the
system boot process did your system stop at?
Telling us at what point of the boot process
that the system stopped can assist in determining
what process failed/halted.
If the system freezes during the Windows 98 startup
(you see the Windows 98 banner) were you able to
press F5 and startup in Safe Mode?

3. Can you tell us if you are using Windows 98 or 98SE
(second edition)? Knowing what software version
you are using may assist in determining if your
problem is related to a necessary software patch/fix.
Old October 22nd 03, 03:22 AM
Drydem

Elector wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:25:55 -0400,
had this to say and I had to reply to it:

::Ray: Please ignore and excuse the inappropriate behavior of elector.
::He is the troll of this news group.

You still are a lying troll, kook,...

Elector,
You know flaming is a waste of time.
Old October 22nd 03, 03:44 AM
Drydem

"Ray" wrote in message ...
I have an old machine with a PB680 motherboard. I'd like to be able to use
this system for simple tasks and would like to be able to network it to our
other PC's (all newer).
It appears that there are 3 PCI slots on the (IDE?) board (the only board
that comes off of the motherboard, P/N: 52f53 Rev.C). I have upgraded the
machine to Windows 98, and I have attempted to install a networking card in
one (and the each of the three) PCI slots. With the card installed, the
system will not boot. When I remove the card, the system boots right up.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Ray

The Riser card for a minitower using a PC680
has 3 ISA and 3 PCI[1]. However the PCI slot
adjacent to the ISA slot shares control lines
so that only one slot of the two slots can
be used. So technically one can only use 3
pci slots and 2 isa slots OR one can use
2 PCI slots and 3 isa slots. Do you have any
ISA cards installed on your PB680? If so how
many and in what slots are they on? A possible
problem might be the cohabiting of both share
slots.

[1]
the exact wording of the PB680 riser card specs from
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/680.htm
is...

Riser Card :
Desktop Case - 2xISA, 1xPCI, 1xPCI/ISA.
Minitower Case - 2xISA, 2xPCI, 1xPCI/ISA