RAID 1 Hard Disk Failure on GA-8KNXP

Old November 8th 04, 07:46 PM
P Elliott

Default RAID 1 Hard Disk Failure on GA-8KNXP

Hello

I'm using the Intel controller for RAID1 but one of my disks has gone down
or decided that it is no longer part of the array. The controller setup
utility at boot time lists the raid array with one disk missing and the
missing disk is listed as a non raid disk.

Does anyone know how to get the disk back into the RAID array without losing
all the data. The help file for the controller gives numerous warnings that
this will happen if you create or delete a new RAID volume.

Thanks

Phil Elliott

Old November 9th 04, 04:24 AM
jpsga

"P Elliott" wrote in message
Hello

I'm using the Intel controller for RAID1 but one of my disks has gone down
or decided that it is no longer part of the array. The controller setup
utility at boot time lists the raid array with one disk missing and the
missing disk is listed as a non raid disk.

Does anyone know how to get the disk back into the RAID array without

losing
all the data. The help file for the controller gives numerous warnings

that
this will happen if you create or delete a new RAID volume.

Thanks

Phil Elliott

I have seen several of these RAID controllers and they all have a program
for recovering RAID1 in the even of failure. It is there some where.
JPS

Old November 10th 04, 07:27 AM
Paul H

If you recreate the array by adding the drive back it, you will be prompted
if you want to rebuild the failed drive. You can either do it foreground
before Windows boots, or background whilst you work from the good drive
(leave you machine on all day though, to make sure it completes!)
If you are currently booting off the one drive it's sensible to note in the
start up sequence which one is "good" so that you know which drive needs
adding back in and which drive should be used as source.

Old November 12th 04, 07:14 AM
P Elliott

Hello Paul

Sounds easy but where is the option/software to add the drive back? When
the machine boots I press Ctrl-I to launch the config utility but the only
options there a
- Create RAID Volume
- Delete RIAD Volume
- Reset Disks to non RAID
- Exit

Similarly, after the machine boots the Intel Application Accelerator tool
only has options to create new RAID arrays.

Regards

Phil Elliott

"Paul H" wrote in message
If you recreate the array by adding the drive back it, you will be

prompted
if you want to rebuild the failed drive. You can either do it foreground
before Windows boots, or background whilst you work from the good drive
(leave you machine on all day though, to make sure it completes!)
If you are currently booting off the one drive it's sensible to note in

the
start up sequence which one is "good" so that you know which drive needs
adding back in and which drive should be used as source.

Can I use a 160 GB hard disk on a Gigabyte Titan 8IEXP with Win98SE? Peltio Gigabyte Motherboards 8 October 4th 04 05:02 PM
RAID card for my PC?? TANKIE General 5 May 22nd 04 01:09 AM
REPOST: A7V333: no longer able to access hard disks at boot time Chris Metzler Asus Motherboards 6 January 8th 04 06:29 PM
A7A266 + 200GB Western Digital Hard Disk + Windows XP R2D2 Asus Motherboards 1 December 13th 03 09:51 AM
8knxp & silicon vs ICH5R Raid Ron Zahavi Gigabyte Motherboards 0 August 19th 03 07:31 PM