Packard Bell riser card on eBay

Old March 27th 08, 09:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

Default Packard Bell riser card on eBay

Stories are true, the one who lost his savings is also on the verge of
losing his home. My other friends are considering a suit so I am not able to
elaborate...
mc

Old March 27th 08, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

the seller is not willing to sell by any other payment than paypal...so
I'll sit this one out..
mc

Old March 28th 08, 01:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

Maybe. But my point is that PayPal is neither more safe nor less safe than any
other on-line or off-line system for collecting and disbursing money. Not safer
than a credit card. Not less safe either. Bank accounts, accounts with stock
brokers, etc.

If the folks have a legitimate case, a clever but expensive lawyer will be
willing to take on the case, and win it... Ben Myers

Old March 28th 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Mar 27, 5:14*pm, "AWM" wrote:
*the seller is not willing to sell *by any other payment than paypal....so
I'll sit this one out..
mc

Just for the record I sell on Ebay all the time.
Paypal is great you are guaranteed a refund if the item does not track
to your house.
Do you need a credit card or bank account to set up an account.
Yes you do unless you opened one up at the beginning

You can tie it to any bank account you desire.
I have mine tied into one that never has more than 100 dollars.
I also have one tied to no account and can only use it to make a
purchase
and must send cash from my other account.

If the item is payable with paypal you can also use your standard
credit card and create
a one time credit card # with just the amount of the sale.

This particular item is not one that I would buy
It is not tested and comes with no guarantee
Seller clearly states he does not know it it works

Old March 28th 08, 02:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Mar 27, 10:15*pm, metronid wrote:
On Mar 27, 5:14*pm, "AWM" wrote:

[...]

If you want me to purchase it for you
let me know
you can pay me later
I will have to reship it but it looks like an 8 oz item packed
I can look and just know as I have said
I sell all the time
Old March 28th 08, 11:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"metronid" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 5:14 pm, "AWM" wrote:
[...]

That is correct, that is the way I set it up years ago. Another nice feature
is the ability to use a bogus credit card number for a one time transcation
(Like my AMEX card provides) which is valid for a purchase but keeps my
"personal card number private" so if something goes wrong Amex takes the
hit.

I noted that some other Credit Card companies are also giving this ability
(Chase & CitiCorp)

I normally buy on Ebay and do not sell and I have never in many years had a
problem with a seller. Maybe I have been lucky.

Elector

Old March 28th 08, 10:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default IT'S A 99¢ ITEM !

Hi Gang !

"Elector" wrote in message

This particular item is not one that I would buy
It is not tested and comes with no guarantee
Seller clearly states he does not know it it works

Oh come on. When was the last time you saw a riser card fail ?

And so what........ it's currently a 99¢ item, with $6.17 shipping.

If you can't afford to pay THAT for your hobby, you're in the wrong line of
fun.

:-)

bobwatts

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Old March 28th 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

I had one fail when I ran over it with my car. Does that count? ... Ben Myers

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:22:50 -0500, "Robert E. Watts"
wrote:

Hi Gang !

Old March 29th 08, 12:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I had one fail when I ran over it with my car. Does that count? ... Ben
Myers

Yes, that DOES count. :-)

Curious about the circumstances.

I'll bet that if the riser had been out of an IBM PS/2 it would have been
undamaged. Probably would have hurt the tire.

bob

Old March 29th 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Mar 28, 8:28*pm, "Robert E. Watts" wrote:
Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message

I had one fail when I ran over it with my car. *Does that count? *... Ben
Myers

Yes, that DOES count. *:-)

Curious about the circumstances.

I'll bet that if the riser had been out of an IBM PS/2 it would have been
undamaged. Probably would have hurt the tire.

bob

Safe or not safe
Even condoms break
Birth control pills have a failure rate
In any case
This seller only takes paypal

if you do not want to use it
do not buy it
he is forcing no one

I myself only accept paypal on my auctions
I like the instant money

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS