Where's the greem coming from?

Old February 24th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Ron Wood

Default Where's the greem coming from?

Hi Group

This looks like a good place to solve my problem :-)

Scanning some old adverts from a 1908 magazine and getting good results with
line adverts but when it comes to halftones it's a whole different ball
park - getting a strong green caste to the halftone area when printed. Not
so evident on the screen, but (as mentioned) when printed - BONG - green all
over the halftone.

Am using:
Canon CanoscanN124OU - for scanning
PhotoImpact 6 and Corel Paint - for tweaking
HP 1220c Printer - printing

Have tried a whole host of setting in all the above but to no avail - still
getting a strong green cast (when printed) on the halftones - any ideas? -
short of chucking the whole lot away, and buying fresh kit.

Results can be viewed he
http://www.southwell-online.co.uk/au.../a0001-600.jpg
http://www.southwell-online.co.uk/au.../a0002-600.jpg
http://www.southwell-online.co.uk/au.../a0003-600.jpg
http://www.southwell-online.co.uk/au.../a0004-600.jpg
http://www.southwell-online.co.uk/au.../a0005-600.jpg
http://www.southwell-online.co.uk/au.../a0006-600.jpg

1, 2 and 5 are fine, 3, 4 and 6 have the dreaded "Green Tinge" when printed,
on my printer at least.

TIA in anticipation - Ron

www.TheMinsterGroup.co.uk

Old February 24th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Paul Heslop

Ron Wood wrote:

[...]

On my printer, straight from IE if there's anything f a hint of green
it's slight, so it seems to be something your end. Those images are
different as they seem to be scans or photocopies of illustrations,
like cigarette cards or book covers, where the ones that look okay to
you seem to straight line art or text. If you have some different
paper try that, or try a different setting on the printer.
--
Paul (Please dont take a picture)
Stop and Look
Old February 24th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

"Ron Wood" wrote in message
[...]

Do you necessarily want the yellow tint of the poster?
If not why not scan in Grayscale? Grayscale will capture the picture and get
rid of any tint.

Also you could tweak the green channel in the TWAIN a little bit. You can
make the scanning adjustment in the Advanced mode.

You scan in color mode for the green channel to be available
Tone Curve Settings is the forth button from the left. At the bottom of the
Advanced Mode window.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old February 24th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

"CSM1" wrote in message
.. .
"Ron Wood" wrote in message
[...]

Bad to reply to my own message
The word "forth" should have been "fourth"

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old February 25th 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
[email protected]

do you want the "yellow" of the old paper? if not, scan in b/w, line
art, monochrome, one bit - whatever it is called by your twain
interface. also, could be your printer driver - print on a b/w printer
not a color printer (unless you are really after the "yellow" to
indicate age).

Old February 25th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Ron Wood

Thanks Paul, tried some of the printer settings (Advanced Mode) but results
were marginally successful.

Thanks CS1, tried some of your suggestions with limited success.

Thanks Catfish, yes, I've tried this route even printing a base colour to
reproduce the "Ageing" and then overprinting a black and white image but the
overall grey tint dulled the base colour too much to be satisfactory.

HOWEVER :-)

I have been printing from CorelDraw for a variety of reasons and only today
printed, by accident, from PhotoImpact, where I do some of the post
processing and - BINGO - the green has gone (well almost, certainly enough
anyway).

So the fault lies with CorelDraw. To be fair fault is a bit strong for I
suppose if I spent the next 'n' amount of weeks getting the "Colour Manager"
set up correctly I would (eventually) get an acceptable result.

Thanks again, regards, Ron

Obviously they see me coming johns Homebuilt PC's 2 July 6th 06 04:41 PM
BTX is coming Husky Asus Motherboards 19 August 2nd 05 10:04 PM
FX 5900 fan not coming on GaryM Nvidia Videocards 7 May 23rd 04 05:58 AM
New 9800 Pro coming soon...... Stephan Pelletier/Isabelle Gouin Ati Videocards 3 October 11th 03 03:26 PM
What's coming for us at 45nm bill davidsen Intel 1 June 25th 03 02:43 AM