Beep sound

Old February 4th 04, 06:53 AM
binapusat

Default Beep sound

can anybody help me to find problem with my motherboard?

when I turn on power, I heard beep sound with range 5 second. I think that
was trouble with one of my hardware.
I had motherboard with pc400 chipset.
souncard, vga card is on board. I had test memory at another computer but
it's no problem.

Old February 4th 04, 03:23 PM
steve harris

binapusat wrote:

can anybody help me to find problem with my motherboard?

when I turn on power, I heard beep sound with range 5 second. I think that
was trouble with one of my hardware.
I had motherboard with pc400 chipset.
souncard, vga card is on board. I had test memory at another computer but
it's no problem.

which motherboard?
the diagnostic beeps and their patterns should be in the troubleshooting
section

Old February 5th 04, 03:56 AM
binapusat

I could not see brand of motherboard but I saw chipset pc400. I bought used
computer from my friend and he had not motherboard manual book.

where is exactly can I reference troubleshooting section?

in generally, What's step will I do to fix this problem?

Old February 5th 04, 07:58 AM
Tony Hill

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:56:50 +0700, "binapusat"
wrote:
I could not see brand of motherboard but I saw chipset pc400. I bought used
computer from my friend and he had not motherboard manual book.

I'm going to throw out a guess here that this is a PC Chips
motherboard. They make lots of low-budget, noname boards with
off-brand chipsets (usually referring to their chipsets by a different
name from what every other company uses). That might at least give
you a starting point.

You can find some info at www.pcchips.com, though it's not exactly the
most helpful of support sites I've encountered.

-------------
Tony Hill
hilla underscore 20 at yahoo dot ca
Old February 5th 04, 08:32 AM
binapusat

I think so that, may be It is low cost motherboard because It used to
computer rent business,...oh...this is realy so hard to fix it. I will be
dumb..

Thanks verry much for your support.

.com...

Old February 5th 04, 05:50 PM
Nadeem

binapusat wrote:

I think so that, may be It is low cost motherboard because It used to
computer rent business,...oh...this is realy so hard to fix it. I will be
dumb..

Thanks verry much for your support.

I suggest you install the free version of Sisoftware Sandra, it will
tell you the exact model of your motherboard and/or its contructor.

--

Nadeem M Nayeck [ m n n a y e c k @ i n t n e t . m u ]
______ ______ .
Old February 6th 04, 05:04 AM
binapusat

Thank's very much
I had this software...but now, I can't turn on the computer.

Old February 6th 04, 09:15 AM
pp

Tony Hill wrote:

You can find some info at www.pcchips.com, though it's not exactly the
most helpful of support sites I've encountered.

That's why there is the PC Chips Lottery page:

http://go.to/th2

Sound problem Sonars_UK General 4 June 23rd 04 01:19 AM
Capabilities of Realtek ALC655 sound on 7N400Pro2 motherboard Exp315 Gigabyte Motherboards 1 January 24th 04 08:19 PM
P4P800 MB SoundMax Sound problem [email protected] Asus Motherboards 1 January 24th 04 03:05 AM
PC generating unusual "chirrupy" sound? Coda General Hardware 1 November 20th 03 07:52 PM
Problem with built-in sound when upgrading Jon Greene General 4 July 10th 03 10:41 PM