Cat 3.7. Initial Impressions?

Old September 4th 03, 10:11 PM
J.Clarke

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:36:16 +0100
Clive wrote:

Anyone got anything good/bad to say about them?

Is there a list anywhere in what is fixed/altered?

There's a link to the list on the download page at ati.com.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old September 4th 03, 11:36 PM
Clive

Default Cat 3.7. Initial Impressions?

Old September 4th 03, 11:37 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:36:16 +0100, Clive wrote:

Anyone got anything good/bad to say about them?

BF1942 still works :-)

Is there a list anywhere in what is fixed/altered?

On the ATI driver page.
Help make Usenet a better place:
Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.
Old September 5th 03, 02:34 AM
Ed Forsythe

MS Flight Sim 2004 wouldn't run on my system* with Cat 3.6 so I had to
backup to 3.2. I loaded 3.7 and all's well . IMHO, ATI is doing a pretty
good job solving problems with new drivers. Rumor has it that there are
awesome goodies in store for us with 3.8.

* ABIT BE6II, P3 600 MHz Coppermine, 256 RAM, ATI 95900 Pro, 2-WD 80G JB
HDs, Formac 20" LCD display. I know, I know, it's a terribly slow system
but I'll put together my new box in a few months. ABIT IC7-G, P4 3.2G CPU,
512 Mushkin Hi-Perf RAM, PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510 Deluxe PS.
Plextor Premium 52/32/52 CDRW, Plextor 48/24/48 CDRW, Lian-Li PC-75 USB
aluminum full tower case, blah, blah.
--
Happy Flying,
Ed F.

Old September 5th 03, 03:01 AM
Cold War Relic

"Ed Forsythe" wrote in
:

MS Flight Sim 2004 wouldn't run on my system* with Cat 3.6 so I had to
backup to 3.2. I loaded 3.7 and all's well . IMHO, ATI is doing a
pretty good job solving problems with new drivers. Rumor has it that
there are awesome goodies in store for us with 3.8.

* ABIT BE6II, P3 600 MHz Coppermine, 256 RAM, ATI 95900 Pro, 2-WD 80G
JB HDs, Formac 20" LCD display. I know, I know, it's a terribly slow
system but I'll put together my new box in a few months. ABIT IC7-G,
P4 3.2G CPU, 512 Mushkin Hi-Perf RAM, PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool
510 Deluxe PS. Plextor Premium 52/32/52 CDRW, Plextor 48/24/48 CDRW,
Lian-Li PC-75 USB aluminum full tower case, blah, blah.

I was disappointed. 3.7 still hasn't addressed my brightness issue.
Coming out of a 3D screensaver or game, the brightness settings (as well
as the rest of the settings under the color tab) all reset back to
defaults. This makes my LCD very bright and very washed out.

It's a small thing but still a pain to have to open up the control panel
every time it changes.

Dean
Old September 5th 03, 03:18 AM
JAD

You know I like the ALL in 1 DL and install, But I'll be damned if it didn't hiccup froze...cnrl alt del revealed a series of
cmdinstall lines....endtasked and the process proceeded. Not much difference on my 9700 but the 7500 seemed much better in UT and
that demo of Call of Duty. I didn't benchmark the thing just played the games I've played over time.

Old September 5th 03, 03:20 AM
JAD

just a thought....I had this on a CRT, it ended up being 'Adobe gamma loader' that was conflicting/causing the problem.
"Cold War Relic" wrote in message 6.16...
"Ed Forsythe" wrote in
:

Old September 5th 03, 04:12 AM
Cold War Relic

JAD,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that was the first thing I have
checked.

Dean

"JAD" wrote in
hlink.net:

Old September 5th 03, 07:23 AM
John Boy

As others have posted, there is a long list of fixes (and bugs to be fixed)
on the ATi site. I suspect that it's a hang-over from the Omega drivers,
but I see that the 9700 Pro clock rate on my system has remained at 378 /
337. The colour temperature is cooler.

John

Old September 5th 03, 10:13 AM
Roger Squires

The Call of Duty demo crashes every time with a corrupted display with
Catalyst 3.7, and had no crashes under 3.6.

This is on a Abit NF7-S + 9700pro + WinXP.

rms