Nero locks up when I try to copy a certain disk

Old October 24th 03, 08:36 PM
Dan Musicant

Default Nero locks up when I try to copy a certain disk

I'm running Nero 5.5.9.14 on a Windows 2000 machine and when I try to
copy a certain custom-burned disk that was loaned to me, Nero locks up
at the end of the read process (before starting the burn or even asking
for an empty disk). This disk has 87 tracks and is written with CD Text.
It's because of the CD Text that I don't want to just copy all 87 .cda
tracks to my HD and burn a CD. That CD wouldn't contain CD Text, so I
want to make an exact copy, which would preserve the CD Text - I need
the titles.

A couple of other such disks don't give me that problem. Is there
anything else I can try?

Thanks for any help.

Dan
Old October 24th 03, 08:46 PM
Mike Richter

Dan Musicant wrote:
I'm running Nero 5.5.9.14 on a Windows 2000 machine and when I try to
copy a certain custom-burned disk that was loaned to me, Nero locks up
at the end of the read process (before starting the burn or even asking
for an empty disk). This disk has 87 tracks and is written with CD Text.
It's because of the CD Text that I don't want to just copy all 87 .cda
tracks to my HD and burn a CD. That CD wouldn't contain CD Text, so I
want to make an exact copy, which would preserve the CD Text - I need
the titles.

A couple of other such disks don't give me that problem. Is there
anything else I can try?

You can try another reader which may handle the higher error rate at the
outside of the disc more effectively. Or you can try using Exact Audio
Copy to make the copy; it does everything it can to overcome errors.
(EAC is cardware, linked from the CD-R side of my WWW site.)

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old October 24th 03, 08:52 PM
Dan Musicant

The lockup happens at the end of the Analyzing CD sequence and it says
Scanning Subcode for Indices, 100%. It just hangs there. I tried copy on
the fly and it does the same thing.

Dan

:

Old October 24th 03, 08:54 PM
Dan Musicant

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:46:00 -0700, Mike Richter
wrote:

an Musicant wrote:
[...]

I do have another reader, but it's slower. The one I'm having trouble
with is a Liteon 48 12 48. The other is a 24 10 40, and it's in my other
box. I'll give it a try and see what happens. These lockups necessitate
a reboot of Win2000.

Dan